Tree takedown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The utility pole is a long ways away trust me. Now there is one small square sign thatcould possibly be in trouble but hopefully not. When the weather is a bit nicer im gonna get my bro out there with me at the same time and if we think we can do it, and come up with a plan id love to do it. The dang trunk alone is gonna have 3 cord in her!

i'd send it straight for the camera after removing some limbs to shift the weight away from the street as much as possible

Trim some of the limbs off as marked in an earlier picture, then bomb away. I would try to put something down to try and cushion the fall. If you need to move it off the street asap when its down, chain it and hook it to your truck and pull along the curb. I did this in the spring at my neighbors house and it worked fine. The street is plenty wide so 2 cars could pass at the same time if need be, although I did,nt have much traffic either. Good Luck:cheers:

Ok the tree is down. My brother had another smaller cherry tree on the other side of the house that fell on the house a bit, so he had to call out a pro. The pro needed work so bad that he cut this tree down for $400 if you can believe that. He was a pro with a bucket truck, crane truck, and branch grinder truck. The stump end of the tree measures 60"!!!! it measures 50" up at chest height. Took them almost all day, they cut 2' sections all the way down and then dropped the log about 20' long in one peice, then cut the stump off last. He used an 044 Stihl with 32" bar. Alot of the branches are partly rotten but there is a ton of good firewood there. Ive hauled out 2 16' trailer loads and all ive got left it the trunk sections. Now to work out my own 044/32" bar.
0_IMAG0025.jpg

0_IMAG0029.jpg

drop it,that wont hurt the road this time of yr.quick easy job not much brush.just block it up and carry or roll it on your property

simple removal w or w out a bucket truck about 4to 5 hrs total tom trees

no way should take 4to 5 hrs..drop it have the log truck there and a man cutting 10-12ft sections or w/e.have the chipper on the other side chip the brush and clean up.an hr the most.with or without a bucket

he didnt climb anything they did it all from a bucket truck, apparently some of the branches were over the house and from down on the ground it looked like each branch he cut off was a twig but when they fell they were pretty good sized. Look at the stump that pro cut strait! i can never get my cuts around to line up!

Hard to believe a 'pro' would have wasted their time using a little 044 with a tree that size.

Some people just use whats needed w/out overkill, looks like he did a fine job with 044!!! My dad was that way, he told me "what in the hell do you need an $800.00 saw for" swore his 18 McCullough could do the same job, It does but three times as long!!

I would say it is not worth the risk. You will probably find the heart (AKA interior of the tree) is rotted out. Big trees die from the inside out. When you cut that wedge, you might find out there is not enough wood to create a hinge to keep that tree from jumping up and losing control: when that happens you could put that stump in the house or send that tree in any direction it chooses. Get a quote from someone that will bring in down to the ground in larger pieces and allow you to cut it up to size.

Good post. The center was rotted out.

Latest posts

Back