tree university website

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masshooligan, You have done a great service to the arborist community by providing that site. Keep up the good work.

Daniel

Tried to open web site four times and each time locks up (freezes)

computer. Any one else having this problem?

Kevin

Originally posted by kevintree
Daniel

Tried to open web site four times and each time locks up (freezes)

computer. Any one else having this problem?

Kevin

no problems with getting on Daniels website for me!!

Murphy:

Your site referred to a "power rake" as an attachment to a Stihl trimmer. What exactly is a power rake? When/how often do you use it?

Steven

Murpharooonii...

I checked the site out. Nice content. I liked the clarity of the photos in the notch part. I've been taking a lot of photos myself lately, and it is a step short of painstaking to get the right shot in the right light.

The emblem looking thing on the home page didn't fully display on my screen, but other than that, it's easy to use, and simply explained.

That'd be a new one on me , trying to cleanup a yard with a dethacher:confused: Don't think I'd pay if a consultant tried to recommend that:alien:

Maybe he meant this?

Wow! I'm suprised you put up the taut line hitch after that one thread that went on and on. I figured you would have hid that one in the deep dark recesses of three climbing history.! Arrr!

Of all the friction hitch configurations formed from the Double Round Turn Base for positve grab; i think the least friendly to use are the 2 that break the turns up the most (Tau(gh)t line, or 2 coils reversed converting taut line to 4 coil prusik open); also have more than 1 base ring under the operative top turns of the gripping cap.

A Blake's sits on it's own end so firmly with an anchor hitch, that it is actually a double round turn/ french coil pulled from both ends like the hitches further on down the line. Of the batch; TL/TH is most sure to walk mechanically. Cow/Prusik formations tend to set themselves tighter while clove/TL are programmed to loosen/walk. The rest secure both ends, and in not disturbing the Double round turn (much), and having only one preceding choke (VT strategy doesn't use preceding choke rings, but bends host line like rapelling rack does); seem all to be superior by not having more than 1 preceding choke,and leaving the frenchy coil undisturbed,and pull from both ends (which Blake's fits!).

To 'tie' any of them 1 handed-tie on ground with tending action, raise to where you would tie in, go up and open and close carabiner around D('s) and close. Or tie on ground and have someone lightly belay you by only leaving 2"slack abouve hitch, but never impeding movement.

Last edited:
Sacre Bleu!
Thats a mouthful of knowledge. I wish I could work for some of ya'all and really learn something. Don't think the wife would let me go that long and plus not enough vacation from the regular job. Murph, congrats on the website and for sharing and making accessible all that knowledge and experience with us lower life forms. Really!:blob2:

Tell us more w/regards to the power broom. I have been interested in this tool for a few years now but have not thought it warranted the price. I would be interested in hearing more.

power broom

It's not just the $ ... it's the space... The thing takes a lot of room up in the van.... I love it though... Gotta pick up the big sticks... no grass damage... every rotation is like 12 strokes with a rake... leaves no thing behind... not a speck of dust ...

And it works best on stump clean ups... that stuff is hard to rake... the power broom makes it fly...

Gotta make some changes to the site.... been working on my presentation at the ISA... get to it soon...

Re: power broom

Originally posted by murphy4trees

And it works best on stump clean ups... that stuff is hard to rake... the power broom makes it fly...

You ain't kiddin'!

Back