Tree Work At Historic Site Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend of mine called today. He's over facilities and mtnc. with the city i live in. He's got 5-6 trees at the old court house that's on the historic registry that need to be pruned. Actually, one is a sugar maple that's around 110 yrs old and is declining from soil compaction,etc. and has a lot of dead wood. The other big issue is a large mockernut hickory that has been topped before by a local tree line clearing outfit known for hack type work. With all being said, does anyone have any experience working on trees on historic sites? Esp ones that have been improperly cared for? He's agreed to sign a waiver releasing me from any liability with the trees health due to the trees being improperly handled in the past. A nominal amount of my time there will be donated to the town for my own personal appreciation of the historical site and the very old trees. Our town is the second oldest in the state of tennessee and is the birthplace of Martha Dandridge Washington, our nations first president's wife! If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate a logical, educated and experienced response with ins and outs of working on trees on historic sites. Thanks, Trevor:monkey:

Latest posts

Back