'TreeFlex' - New Ergonomically Designed Harness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pez

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
http://www.treemettlenexus.com/treeflex.html

Not yet sold in the States, but could be purchased internationally by mail.

A patented system of adjustability and fit, in a clean and simple design. Ergonomically designed to fit the pelvis without restricting the lower back, whether sitting or leaning on a flipline.

Unique Non - absorbant and breathable pads and lining.

Designed for SRT ascent with chest ascender (Frog system), and floating D for work positioning. Fixed front D, Chest harness and bosuns seat clip on attachments soon available.

A generic work at height harness.

Photos of the lining soon to be added.

All feedback welcome.

End of public information broadcast.

There will be a clip on hard seat for TreeFlex.

There was a price listed, but whats the conversion to US$?

And what would shipping add to that price? Say to zip code 73703

$383 by todays currency conversion. Not sure about value added tax and shipping. You could get a quote by contacting Safety Technology. The weight is stated to work out a shipping rate.

Its nothing like a master. Its more like a Butterfly/Glide crossed with a Navaho. But the shape, fit, pad materials and adjustability are unique - hence the patent, trademark and international licence. The shape of the pads are best seen from the inside.

I'm too lazy to write something original, so I'll just copy and paste what I wrote at the other forum:

"If you want to improve saddles, changing the colors, or adding a stupid ring to the bridge is not the place to start.
Why not work on some of the major problems?
Make it easy to put on, and take off.
Make D-rings that stay out.
Make a leg strap saddle so you can hang in it.
Have an abundance of light, easy to hook, non-invasive accessory loops.
Get rid of stupid, little, hazardous snaps that snag ropes, and wimpy little straps with rings, so I don't have to spend 5 minutes cutting them off the first day.
Design suspenders for the saddle. Ones that go on and off easily and can hold a chest box.
Make everything adjustable.
Make it modular, so any part can be replaced for a small percentage of the cost of the saddle.
Make it conform to all safety standards.
Make it so the leg straps can be easily replaced with a boson seat, and then switched back for different kinds of work.
Make it so my shirt doesn't cover the D-rings and accessory loops.
I could go on, but you get my point. I don't think there are many things on my wish list that could be designed in to a saddle in about ten minutes."

This saddle looks like they're getting there on some ideas, but still a far cry from anything that would get me excited:

http://www.treeworker.co.uk/acatalog/EKN_Climbing_Harnesses_32.html

What are you using right now Mike?

Oh yeah something I've been meaning to ask, is Maas a play on Moss?

Last edited:
I've been chompin at the bit to purchase a new saddle, but like Mike says, until there's something that really gets me excited, something that I don't have to personally modify and upgrade after dropping a whopping wad of cash....

I recently got a dragon fly. Had to add loop runners to drop the batton about three inches. Only complaint is no room for suspenders/full body harness.

Its strange how climbers think a product they have had no financial input into, should be designed to fit them perfectly without adjustment??? This just isn't possible because of the different balance points and muscular-skeletal dysfunction of individuals.

One size will not fit all. adjustability should be allowed for.

TreeFlex does this, by offering 3 different sizes in waist, and two in the leg. The hip Ds are positioned futher forward or back in relation to waist size. There are 3 different sized bridge lengths. The waist risers and leg risers can be adjusted.

In my opinion, it fits Mike's requirements anyway. It isn't so apparant from the pics, but then I've worked in the harness for a long time. The harness is designed for a chest ascender, which is much more user friendly than a chest box for most tree work ascents. I'm sure a chest box could be applied easily.

I'm very pleased with the product, and I'm sure others will appreciate it too once climbed in.

That may be a little while yet for the states. But at least you're aware of its design aims when it arrives. The more positive feedback we get, the more chance we have of fulfilling your needs.

I've had the opportunity to climb in one of the prototypes for the Treeflex. The version that I used is pretty close to what has become the production model.

The TF may look like other harnesses in very general ways. All harnesses have larger top belts and, in this configuration, two leg loops, side d-rings and a bridge. Each harness on the market is just a bit different though.

It took me just a little bit of climbing to get used to the 'hang'. The way that the Treeflex supported me is different than other harnesses. After getting my 'legs' under me it was very nice. I don't spend a lot of time just hanging in my harness so it fit my style...your mileage may vary.

Having a perfect harness at an affordable price is a pipe dream. Adding all of the modifications that any climber might want would drive the price through the canopy. Oh, and then the harness would have to be made in a left hand version too :)

Customizing a harness is a lot of fun to me.

Suspenders are in the pipeline, patience :)

As soon as I get my Treeflex you'll be able to read the review, you know where :)...Tree[insert the sound that a bee makes here]

Tom, I,m not sure if you like the treeflex or the treemotion saddle, with that confusing quote.
Rich asked about the treemotion, and you seems to respond about the treeflex.

How exactly do you put on the treeflex? It looks like you step through and then adjust the belt?

Mike,

In my post I wrote that I had the opportunity to climb with the TF. I do like it.

The TF is a step-in harness. Then the waist belt is snugged up followed by the leg straps. This is basically the same as almost every floating bridge harness.

I'm too lazy to write something original, so I'll just copy and paste what I wrote at the other forum:

"If you want to improve saddles, changing the colors, or adding a stupid ring to the bridge is not the place to start.
Why not work on some of the major problems?
Make it easy to put on, and take off.
Make D-rings that stay out.
Make a leg strap saddle so you can hang in it.
Have an abundance of light, easy to hook, non-invasive accessory loops.
Get rid of stupid, little, hazardous snaps that snag ropes, and wimpy little straps with rings, so I don't have to spend 5 minutes cutting them off the first day.
Design suspenders for the saddle. Ones that go on and off easily and can hold a chest box.
Make everything adjustable.
Make it modular, so any part can be replaced for a small percentage of the cost of the saddle.
Make it conform to all safety standards.
Make it so the leg straps can be easily replaced with a boson seat, and then switched back for different kinds of work.
Make it so my shirt doesn't cover the D-rings and accessory loops.
I could go on, but you get my point. I don't think there are many things on my wish list that could be designed in to a saddle in about ten minutes."

This saddle looks like they're getting there on some ideas, but still a far cry from anything that would get me excited:

http://www.treeworker.co.uk/acatalog/EKN_Climbing_Harnesses_32.html
you might have already tried it but the the buck classic with the new thorlux is meeting some of the list, what is a chest box btw? you could always go direct with buck thru your vendor and get a custom close to your list

Latest posts

Back