TreeMotion Saddles In Stock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanlarkin

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I know a lot of you have been discussing the TreeMotion saddle, so I wanted to let you know that we just received a large shipment of them, and have plenty in stock as of today, September 12. These saddles do sell quickly, so it might be a different story come 2-3 weeks from now... If you have any questions, just shoot me an email, or contact our customer service team. Take care and stay safe!

-Sean

No thanks.

too many complaints and too dam expensive....wait, that last part i guess the biggest complaint. Thats what happens in a monopoly market.

Sean, do the TreeMotion saddles come with a bosun seat option? Three of my five saddles do not have a butt board and limit my abilities as a climber.

I'd get one just because it's endorsed by Strasser. The dude rocks.

attachment.php

I'd get one just because it's endorsed by Strasser. The dude rocks.

Not just endorsed, but he designed the prototype for his own use. The story I heard was that a buddy liked it and asked for one, then another...ect... Then it took several years to get to a production model from the hand constructed one.

too many complaints

That is what happens when you have a highly specific design. At least they put more time into it then the Saddle X debacle.

I would not want one because of the "floating D" design. I like hip attachment, which is why I paid $320 for a custom Buck' Master. I git it through a friend, he said MSRP would have been around $475.

I'd like to know what the logic is behind the small dee rings on many of the newer saddles on the market.

I made the huge mistake of buying one of the new Sherrill saddles that has these small Dee rings and immediately went back to my old Sierra Moreno saddle after a few frustrating attempts to either attach or detach my double locking lanyard clips to these new small dee rings, it's frustrating, annoying and to my mind downright dangerous to be fumbling about high up in the tree trying to attach or detach such a vitally important piece of my climbing gear.

Any saddle with these small dee rings should be outlawed asap before they get somebody killed in my opinion.

jomoco

33 year climbing veteran

I'd like to know what the logic is behind the small dee rings on many of the newer saddles on the market.

They are preferred by people who use carabiners. They stay out of the way more when not in use.

I climb on a master saddle, and use the sewn loops more then the D-rings.

They are preferred by people who use carabiners. They stay out of the way more when not in use.

I climb on a master saddle, and use the sewn loops more then the D-rings.

When looked at from a purely practical point of view, both small dee rings and carabiners being used for primary life support in the commercial arborist industry will only result in death or serious injury when used by those without enough hands on experience to realise how dangerous they can be.

I use carabiners everyday on the job, but never for my primary attachment source of any section of my body line, never.

I'm completely shocked and outraged that these new small dee ringed saddles were ever allowed to be sold on the professional arborist market, and their use by unwitting amateurs in this field for primary life support attachment will only result in death and serious injury.

Our profession is dangerous enough as it is, adding ill conceived primary life support equipment to the mix only makes it worse.

Who are the idiots certifying this dangerous junk for use by commercial arborist?

Have they ever climbed trees for a living?

Think twice before hanging your life on this new junk!

jomoco

I use carabiners everyday on the job, but never for my primary attachment source of any section of my body line, never.
And I use caribiners every day on the job, exclusively as an attachment source to my lifeline, and have for 13 years. I have a couple on my flipline, too. I have never had an accident in the tree.

Why are you so vehement about biners over whatever it is you use, Jomoco? I mean, a 50 Kn steel triple lock is a pretty stout piece, so is a locking snap. I like em both and I'll use both, even though the caribiner is far more versatile.

Locking into one way of thinking is a certain way to keep yourself from learning other ways. You seem to have your heels dug in regarding Dee rings and caribiners and apparently it works for you, so no argument from me. It's just some things take time to adjust to before the new advantages can be fully appreciated.

And I use caribiners every day on the job, exclusively as an attachment source to my lifeline, and have for 13 years. I have a couple on my flipline, too. I have never had an accident in the tree.

Why are you so vehement about biners over whatever it is you use, Jomoco? I mean, a 50 Kn steel triple lock is a pretty stout piece, so is a locking snap. I like em both and I'll use both, even though the caribiner is far more versatile.

Locking into one way of thinking is a certain way to keep yourself from learning other ways. You seem to have your heels dug in regarding Dee rings and caribiners and apparently it works for you, so no argument from me. It's just some things take time to adjust to before the new advantages can be fully appreciated.

As I've explained here in many other threads, the problem with the use of carabiners for primary life support attachment use is that their strength ratings are only valid for a certain orientation of the biner when the load is applied to it.

Your luck will run out on the day that the load is applied with any real force to the gate mechanism of the biner, and it can be a long way down my friend.

It is virtually impossible to side load a double locking rope snap because it is specifically designed for use in the tree business by old timers who know all about Murphy's Law and it's ability to bite you given enough time.

If you absolutely insist on using biners for your primary life support attachment point, atleast use the ones with a captive eye, as they tend to reduce the possibility of side loading being able to occur.

The very real dangers of these ridiculous small dee ringed saddles should be readily apparent any climber that has ever tried to push a double locking rope snap through the inner diameter of these new dee rings, it won't fit through unless the gate is open and the snap is turned just so to fit through the undersized dee ring. Both frustrating and potentially deadly in an emergency situation where you have limited mobility for whatever reason.

Standard or oversized dee rings can save your life in an emergency situation where ease of attachment or detachment needs are absolutely vital.

I have no problem whatsoever with well researched and thoroughly tested innovations being introduced on the market, any market.

jomoco

I've never had a carabiner gate fail on me, I've had locking snaps fail to close all the way from sideload bending and sawdust fouling the action.

These were the reasons I went with carabiners several years ago.

IMO there are enough people climbing on carabiners now that any failure is statistically insignificant. As with any contact point in the tree, be it limb, knot or hardwear, the practitioner should have a habit of constantly double-checking for safety.

Like when i find myself occasionally clipping into the accessory carabiner I use for my chainsaw hook, or using a VT and having it foul on my chest or flipline and loosening up as I lean into the lines to cut. (Now there is an eye opening experience !)

??????

Where have I seen that pose before????:hmm3grin2orange:

Please note the small D rings and modifications to my DF2.

Last edited:
I'm completely shocked and outraged that these new small dee ringed saddles were ever allowed to be sold on the professional arborist market, and their use by unwitting amateurs in this field for primary life support attachment will only result in death and serious injury.

So a new saddle won't work with your old snaps. Not all gear is compatible with other gear. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I bet my friction hitch won't work with your manila rope. :laugh: Does that mean it will cause death and serious injury to anyone who uses it?

I have no problem whatsoever with well researched and thoroughly tested innovations being introduced on the market, any market.

Sounds like you have a big problem with it in this case...Those small rings and carabiners have been used in the industry for more than a couple days now - has there been the death and injury you describe?

I agree that amateurs can get hurt if they don't know what they are doing. That's what training is for. If they know how to use the equipment they are trusting their life to, and use it in the right way, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back