Trees fought back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was taking fire in the woods today.

Fire wasn't heavy, and was pretty inaccurate. But definitely qualified as harassment.

But I did get nailed by one 65 ARO (Acorn, Red Oak; caliber .65") top dead center of my head though!

The most surprising one was the other hit -- got my boot just behind the toe cap and it stung through the leather! I guess there's not much holding this old pair of hiking boots together any more.

The problem I have is the biggest Pecan tree I've ever seen takes up 25% of my backyard. In fall the squirrels become very territorial about the nuts. My wife is afraid to go near the drip line for fear of attack. I never thought I'd see a fierce squirrel until I moved into this house.

The problem I have is the biggest Pecan tree I've ever seen takes up 25% of my backyard. In fall the squirrels become very territorial about the nuts. My wife is afraid to go near the drip line for fear of attack. I never thought I'd see a fierce squirrel until I moved into this house.

squirrrels are aggressive little critters.. I had one chew a whole through my house three times after I had covered the whole it made to begin with.so eventually he had to go, I didnt want to shoot it but had no choice it was destroying my home and it was not time of year for them to have babies either it just wanted to live inside the wall and not in a nest in the trees...

I've got some rat traps that I screwed down to a 2x6 and a pellet gun. City won't let me have outdoor cats, so you have to do what you have to do. I had a cat that got a rabbit or squirrel about every day until the city found out. They are a problem around here and cars don't get enough of them. I shot 10 rabbits in a week one summer. Then one evening I drove around just half of my block and counted 9 rabbits.:monkey:

I've got some rat traps that I screwed down to a 2x6 and a pellet gun. City won't let me have outdoor cats, so you have to do what you have to do. I had a cat that got a rabbit or squirrel about every day until the city found out. They are a problem around here and cars don't get enough of them. I shot 10 rabbits in a week one summer. Then one evening I drove around just half of my block and counted 9 rabbits.:monkey:

Sounds like it is time to leave the city to the squirrels, rabbits and politicians and move to the country where it is a little less restrictive......................

Sounds like it is time to leave the city to the squirrels, rabbits and politicians and move to the country where it is a little less restrictive......................

If I could only get my wife to do that. We are the original Mr. and Mrs. Douglas from "Green Acres". My wife is a head turner who loves to shop and has no idea how to cook and clean. I'm a city slicker who's friends now call me the Urban Lumberjack. My wife is kinda pissed that I turned my 1/4 acre backyard into a wood processing facility.

That's the plan....someday. At least this "city" is only 24,000. The major problem is the politicians and city (lack of) planners.

Was taking fire in the woods today.

Fire wasn't heavy, and was pretty inaccurate. But definitely qualified as harassment.

But I did get nailed by one 65 ARO (Acorn, Red Oak; caliber .65") top dead center of my head though!

The most surprising one was the other hit -- got my boot just behind the toe cap and it stung through the leather! I guess there's not much holding this old pair of hiking boots together any more.

I've been getting bombed by black walnuts. Those suckers are about 1.50" caliber, and are HE rounds (high explosive) when they hit pavement or something hard, such as a skull. The ones dropped from upper branches tend to become cluster bombs when they hit others on their way down. It's a war zone out there!

I've been getting bombed by black walnuts. Those suckers are about 1.50" caliber, and are HE rounds (high explosive) when they hit pavement or something hard, such as a skull. The ones dropped from upper branches tend to become cluster bombs when they hit others on their way down. It's a war zone out there!

I have several walnut trees in my yard and have maybe only seen ten at most walnuts in the yard this year... here where I live we have had less than inch of rain in past two or three months and been in the 90's all of month of august and september.. so this yrs crops arent very good...

Our apple tree has a pear tree on one side of it and a redbud on the other. They are all close together. I must concede that it usually fires a few warning shots before bonking people. The apples are big and heavy. Looking into whether the small root hairs of these trees are all connected together like in a neural network of some kind.

You aren't kidding my x-girlfriend had an apartment under a massive walnut and I had to wear my hardhat just to see her. Those suckers hurt!

If I could only get my wife to do that. We are the original Mr. and Mrs. Douglas from "Green Acres". My wife is a head turner who loves to shop and has no idea how to cook and clean. I'm a city slicker who's friends now call me the Urban Lumberjack. My wife is kinda pissed that I turned my 1/4 acre backyard into a wood processing facility.

Luckily I'm spared that fate. We have a nice terrace, so I can use the garden for what I want.

Latest posts

Back