Treeslaying Illinois style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thought he was, :bang: thank god I met a good woman, or I'd be homeless and starving.
But I have picked up a sweeeet climbing gig for a high end landscaper, doing estate work. Did work for his buddy, and they liked my work.

Hey Dave , things will work out .Remember " cooler heads prevail " .Found a good girl there did ya . Great ! Maybe it was meant to be . I'm staying at home ,blasting out out an occasional service call close to home . Next Williamsburg day , I'll scoot by your folks place . I haven't forgot .So far all my jobs been Hampton way .My son is coming home from Utah to help me with Laurie . He's already in Ohio now , if I knew you wanted a lift sooner ,he'd a picked you up .He's due here any day, but he found a girl there so he's draggin a leg ( third leg ! ). Once he get's here I can get out . Is your brother still there ?

Looking forward to it. so you are into milling, huh?

yeah..been too busy here for awhile, gonna try to get some lumber cut this fall, I'm currently updating my climbing skills and learning to apply them to
trees, as I heat with wood and am constantly looking for (free) sawlogs, I always get asked if I can (insert question of your choice) prune, take down,
or clean up this tree...so I slid back in here for some constructive reading..

I live just south of the Surry line in Isle of Wight...

We've picked up pretty well here in north texas :clap: :clap: I would love to have a man of your caliber runnin' the show for a crew down here; unfortunately, I think you are completely worth more than I could afford since you'd probably work us back out of work in no time flat :)

Good luck as you move around! I always enjoy seeing what greatness you get yourself into... of course, make sure the treeslayer stays safe while livin' dangerous!
-James

Get you a pair of ski bibs, turtleneck, ski hat w just face open, down vest, ski gloves w rubber palms and have at it all winter. Better than 95 and humid IMO.

Same here.

Maybe 15*, overcast, wind blowing 30mph off a lake and up my pants-leg is a bit too much for me these days. Also, I cannot find any gloves that fit that will stand up to the wear. No one makes them big enough.

I'm prob. home on that day too (lake not incl.). But if you got take downs all day like we had last winter after the hurricane you can keep warm and maybe even be sweating.

Been there, sometimes you get easy ground work you can still do on those bitter cold days. I've had some single digit days that were sunny and calm and it was not too bad to work in. I've used neoprene ice fishing gloves on days like that, most days they are way too warm to wear, and they fall apart pretty fast. I'll go through a few $8 pair of ski gloves from Menards per season. They have no grip though, so climbing sucks with them on.

Never thought about checking out ice fishing gloves. We got a "Bass Pro Shop" nearby. I usually use expensive leather lined gloves with gathers on the top for climbing in winter for grip. You can buy them at an outlet called TJ Max around here for less than ten bucks.

Tonight I am actually pulling out all my cold weather stuff and getting it organized....an annual thing. To me it is just another aspect of gear and you know, tree guys love gear. I love to try to get the perfect cold weather outfit for climbing.

good advice, thanks. I agree about the wind, too. as long as I have several pairs of excellent gloves, and bundle well, I'm good down to the low digits, but put wind in the pic...........:cry:

what I'm doing also matters, climbing = good / flying a bucket = freezing to death.:cheers:

We've picked up pretty well here in north texas :clap: :clap: I would love to have a man of your caliber runnin' the show for a crew down here; unfortunately, I think you are completely worth more than I could afford since you'd probably work us back out of work in no time flat :)

Good luck as you move around! I always enjoy seeing what greatness you get yourself into... of course, make sure the treeslayer stays safe while livin' dangerous!
-James

Man, I love Texas, where you at?
I'd like to set up some "working vacation"trips down that way.
We should talk about it,
I would like to figure out a good weekly rate that would keep me busy,
and be affordable to whoever, wherever.:cheers:

Man, I love Texas, where you at?
I'd like to set up some "working vacation"trips down that way.
We should talk about it,
I would like to figure out a good weekly rate that would keep me busy,
and be affordable to whoever, wherever.:cheers:

Irving is between Dallas and Ft Worth near six flags, I am closer:rant::cheers: I used to live there too:monkey:

Back