Trimming a major limb (leg)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty Nasty shark bite, I cut myself in my left bicept/tricept in '97. I was taking down a dead cottonwood and gaff slid out a big chunk of bark. I reached over my cut with the left hand to brace and it took 6 months to get full range of motion back still have restriction in that artery, I never do one handed cuts and was lucky I didn't bleed out, was 65 feet up and had to roll off a utility shed as I ran out of rope the last 5-6 feet, my buddy made a turnic with his bandana and cut the rest of the sleve off and drove me to the ER, they had to do vascular surgery on the large artery and it is still restricted. I always use two tye in points, and when double crotching use a positioning lanyard so I am balanced with my work, and always hit blade brake before turning saw off. Hope he recovers well looks like a lot of mussle damage, like rope-n-saddle I have no retirement plan and have to climb as long as I can. I am only 45 going on 46 and I feel it already.

I would say 98% of people on this site hang up there saddle decades before this guy has. I feel a little long in the tooth some days in the trees and im not yet 40.

He might do some things differently, but he gets off his butt, goes out and does the best he can. Im not saying hes a shining example to the industry but IMHO he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed when he gets hurt.

I would say 98% of people on this site hang up there saddle decades before this guy has. I feel a little long in the tooth some days in the trees and im not yet 40.

He might do some things differently, but he gets off his butt, goes out and does the best he can. Im not saying hes a shining example to the industry but IMHO he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed when he gets hurt.

I would never ridicule anyone for getting hurt like that... that just sucks... BUT I think in his case it comes from a lot of people here attempting to help him and attempting to get him to change his ways a bit. To which he exhibited an "I know it all attitude" and would argue, insult and continue to post his videos of his mistakes, but mistakes as examples of good tree work. I dont think he started climbing and doing trees until after he was already 60 so his body has not suffered the years of damage. But all those years as a Double Secret Agent/ Marine/ Test Pilot must have been rough on him.

Back