Trimming apartment trees where cars are present under trees. How to get them moved?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipperscompany

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We have been doing commercial work lately which most are apt complexes. The only prob lem I have is having cars by the trees that need to get trimmed. How do you guys do it to get the residents to move the cars? I've been knocking on nearby door, some people mind and other don't.

We give the complex manager a list of what trees / areas we will be doing on a given date and they have the responsibly to make sure we have access to the trees / area. So when we show up almost all of the time the areas are clear and have no parking signs posted. If their are cars making it "UNSAFE" to work on the tree we do not do that tree and if "THEY" can not get it moved before the crew moves to a new area then that one is on them and no deduction in price is given as we were their ready to do the work and their will be additional cost if we must return to an area to do 1 tree.

Last edited:
Learned from my own mistake: Next time, it will be in the contract that it is the landlord's responsibility to have the designated areas clear on designated dates.

I wouldn't put the specific dates in the contract, but something along the language of: "Client and Contractor will arrange mutually agreeable dates and times for specific parking areas to be cleared. Once these times and dates have been set, the Client will be responsible for assuring vehicles are not parked in designated areas. A $xxx fee will be assessed in addition to contracted charges if designated areas are not cleared as agreed."

A lot of appratment complexes have agreements with towing companies anyhow to keep unauthorized cars out. If they post it well, and folks are still parked there, they can just have the towing company make room and let the tennenant figure it out with the towing company.

Yea that makes sence letting the landlord being responsible to get the vehicles moved. Il make sure to get that in the proposal we are fixing to get made out. Thanks for the helpful responses

We give the complex manager a list of what trees / areas we will be doing on a given date and they have the responsibly to make sure we have access to the trees / area. So when we show up almost all of the time the areas are clear and have no parking signs posted. If their are cars making it "UNSAFE" to work on the tree we do not do that tree and if "THEY" can not get it moved before the crew moves to a new area then that one is on them and no deduction in price is given as we were their ready to do the work and their will be additional cost if we must return to an area to do 1 tree.

Almost exactly what we do. Always make sure that they post notices in building ahead of time letting everybody know. make sure you comunicate with them what parts you are doing when.

Back