Trimming stumps off at the ground

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found in my area that just giving the stump a quick "scruff" with a wire brush helped quite a bit. Many times I would notice a small pebble roll out of a bark grove hidden with forest debris.

Originally posted by Gypo Logger
On a level square plane, by eye, plunge the saw into the heart and chase the slab around the tree without removing the saw from the cut and without establishing another kerf. Your stump will then be flatter than p!ss on a plate.
This method can be used in succession until desired hieght is obtained.
John

That sounds like a dam good idea! I've never thought of boring into the stump like that kinda cause I never thought it would make a level cut.

I'll give it a try on the next dirty one! :)

newbrain.gif
Perhaps some need to have a bonk on the head or donate a few toes before they take the rubber band off the ol wallet and buy the proper equipment to get the job done right.

Way off base? Which dumb A$$ is assuming using a thousand dollar pressure washer? LOLOL. Personally I will be using my stump grinder while you will be playing with your little file. Stupid is as stupid assumes.

I'm with Brian on this one Blue. By the time you pressure wash the stump and then bring in your stump grinder it'll be a muddy mess. Then you'll and your stumper will be stuck in the mud. You'll spend all you fun money getting towed out and when you finally get home, you'll track all that mud through the house and your wife will leave you for Brian.:angry:

Ok Mike, perhaps one could substitute a $1000.00 air compressor and blow the dirt off and use the pressure washer to clean the wood chips off of the saw. That way one could rent out the grinder, buy the wifey some nice things, take her out on the town and leave Rocky plenty of time to do his filing.

Or you could just cut the ????ing stump above the dirt, save the pressure washer for the siding, the air compressor for tires, leave the file in the truck, have a nice ????ing day, get home earlier, and wine-dine&69 the wife and everybody lives happily ever after!

:eek: :D

Back