True or False??? A cord of rounds...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come when I dig a fence post hole, put in a post and refill with the dirt from the hole there is never enough dirt to refill the hole completely???:confused:

Damm I don't belive it, I just switched on the heat pump...

You need to check the farmers almanac and see what days are best for setting post.You will have more than enough on the right day

Harry Harry Harry, are you having a time out ? Yes, we're all retards at some time, butt you're getting heavy on this "mentally challenged" stuff.:deadhorse:

Sorry you sound like you're being shut out at home, butt we're just poor slobs eaking out a tough life. Easy now on us. Easy. Back off.

Frankly, I could give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks a cord is, or WTF a "cite" is is. I know. Like ####, you know a cord when you see it. (Mark Twain, or maybe Truman Capote ?) :cheers:

Whatever...........................

Well when you make a claim, it is challenged and proven to be wrong and you continue your uncivil ways what did you expect? If you want a civilised discussion I suggest you change your way of initiating one.

Harry K

Last edited:
LB-

I do believe that this is a good point worth consideration.

Pulp paper technology dates to ...what, ca. 1870 or '80.

The measurement seems to have a half millennium head start. I thought your initial point was a good one. For the sake of discussion, perhaps a slighly more nuanced explanation might be in order.

I do believe that at some point the accepted cord measurement was conjoined in a novel way with the needs of a nascent paper industry in plan]cec like Berlin, NH and Millinockett, Me.

Dunno. I thought the paper industry may have taken it over from the 'cordwood' industry of suppling to the steam engines (both rail and boat) where they cut it in 4' long. Does make for convenient handling, loading, hauling and fire feeding of steam engines.

Harry K

Well when you make a claim, it is challenged and proven to be wrong and you continue your uncivil ways what did you expect? If you want a civilised discussion I suggest you change your way of initiating one.

Harry K

OK Harry, get some sleep. I am rebuked. I will change. I will change. I wil....
....and frankly, I don't give a damn. You want the cord cite, you got it. :hmm3grin2orange:
Now, get some sleep Harry. And, less time online ?:blob2:

Latest posts

Back