TruFuel Substitute?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somesawguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Couldn't we take something like Coleman Fuel, and add some octane boost, and mix oil, to make our own TruFuel?

Coleman fuel lasts forever in storage, and doesn't go bad.

Lowes and Depot sell the true fuel here. Bought a can for winter storage. See how it goes.

As far as using Coleman fuel, its mostly Naptha, might eat up the fuel system. Here is the MSDS info for the can I have.

•Solvent naphtha (CAS #64742-89-8) 45-50%
• Aliphatic petroleum distillates (CAS #64742-88-7) 45-50%
• Xylene (CAS #1330-20-7) 2%
• Toluene (CAS #108-88-3) 2%

Read more: What is Coleman Fuel made of

Lowes and Depot sell the true fuel here. Bought a can for winter storage. See how it goes.

As far as using Coleman fuel, its mostly Naptha, might eat up the fuel system. Here is the MSDS info for the can I have.

•Solvent naphtha (CAS #64742-89-8) 45-50%
• Aliphatic petroleum distillates (CAS #64742-88-7) 45-50%
• Xylene (CAS #1330-20-7) 2%
• Toluene (CAS #108-88-3) 2%

Read more: What is Coleman Fuel made of

Probably not that much different from gasoline for cars. That has a bunch of different stuff in it too. Coleman fuel would have very low octane though...

I wouldn't recommend it. Stuff is dangerous. Used that to start a fire one night, and vs. gasoline there was a huge difference.
It's octane is like 50 or something.

Last edited:
Is this thread serous? White gas is not suitable in any any engine as it has an octane rating of 50, it also has a high burn temperature. Simply put it would knock like crazy and burn up an engine quickly.

Autotune would fix it. Anybody got an M-tronic I can borrow?

Latest posts

Back