Trying To Get Going

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats stopping u from heading this way?
Kibbitz? WTF?
well my answers r in the quote also. oops

To long of a crew bus drive or I would stop by. You probably hauled that shovel right by my house if you got it at Forks.

Kibbitz is kind of like second guessing but involves more BSing.

One more question if you can stand it. If they want the hemlock back why don't they have you clearcut and replant.

Boy, after looking at that last picture it really is crap.
I too am glad I live out west, well most of the time.

To long of a crew bus drive or I would stop by. You probably hauled that shovel right by my house if you got it at Forks.

Kibbitz is kind of like second guessing but involves more BSing.

One more question if you can stand it. If they want the hemlock back why don't they have you clearcut and replant.

Boy, after looking at that last picture it really is crap.
I too am glad I live out west, well most of the time.

I learned me a new word mom!

They... r the ones that don't know. Planting doesn't exist here, only enviro's want the Hemi's back and of coarse no logging just scenery, of the woods rotting away.

That crap is worth $ all the same, easy whacking, easy moving, and I'm sure alot of firewood guys would drool 4 it. I know it's keeping my family warm. Keep in mind as I have mentioned b4, were working over the north face right now and it just does not get the light, hence why were thinning it out. It will make 4 a sweet cut when my kids r older.

You got b@lls Andy, that's for damn sure. Hope everything works out. Where in Cooks Forest are you guys working in ???

So I'm curious about how its going. What kind of production are you getting? (mbf/day and tons per day, perhaps, given the prescription which is....) What carriage do you run? All uphill yarding? 900' realistic max? lbs. or mbf/ turn?

How is it without a seperate shovel to clear the chute? Are you swinging to another landing with a skidder, or loading at the yoader with the yoader? How hard to disconnect the cables to go onto loader mode?

Hope your mechanicals are sorting themselves out. Happy holidays.

So I'm curious about how its going. What kind of production are you getting? (mbf/day and tons per day, perhaps, given the prescription which is....) What carriage do you run? All uphill yarding? 900' realistic max? lbs. or mbf/ turn?

How is it without a seperate shovel to clear the chute? Are you swinging to another landing with a skidder, or loading at the yoader with the yoader? How hard to disconnect the cables to go onto loader mode?

Hope your mechanicals are sorting themselves out. Happy holidays.

Well, I am back at it, It would be nice if all the snow would melt. I would say right now i am getting a load of wood (27 ton) and not quite a load of logs (4000'mbf) still learing. the carriage is a eagle eaglet works nice (1500lbs) got a newbe in the machine taking time to learn to run, i am hooking up, It would be nice to have a shovel loader to clean the chute (i will have one soon) but for now i have to do it this way,It only takes 5 minutes to take the cables off and start cleaning,its takes longer to try to get the carriage to set on the ground flat what a pain in the ass to do, found its easer to put a chain on it and set it down that way.I know in the future it is possible to get 3 load of wood easy,it is the way to go fast (newbe is still in snail mode but getting faster and better. I have to cut more trees down mostly logs this time pretty good size trees this time, so i will let you know how it goes with the logs. the log trucks made it to us the other day(its about time)s the loads are going out.(I am starving and all the payments are due)Got to keep at it at least i am workin (thank god)first job 247 acres.

The weather got to be too much, add a crying truck driver to the mix and well were working over skidder ground and Joe is sitting, patiently waiting for the weather to break. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

Back