Ts 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MO-Iron

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have put three tanks of fuel through a TS 350 super with a new OEM piston and jug. I have the carb set a little rich and am now in the process of fine tunning. Can one of you pro's give me an optimum RPM to shoot for?

Thanks!

This isn't a chainsaw. An "old pro" once told me that you set these at basic settings (one turn out on each) and other than a little fine tuning tweak one way or the other there isn't a lot more you can do. Concrete saws can't be tached.

Discuss...

Dan, you are right, I just gave the top speed and didn't even think about what he was asking. All the current models have a rev-limiter in the ignition, and the TS 350 has a rattle valve in the carb that will dump fuel to slow it down if the harmonics tell it the RPM is too high. So 9500 is the limited spec for that saw. It should not exceed that RPM or something is wrong. The spec chart says that the base setting for the H screw is 1 1/4 turns out, and the L is 1 5/8. Then mount a wheel, check the RPM with the wheel on it, then cut with it and see how it sounds in the cut. It should not be four-stroking under load.

yep.. set it to Std settings, bury it in some steel or concrete.... tweak a little.....

It WILL sound like crap unless under load - and will blow smoke and gas out of the muffer like crazy above about 8K rpm...

Thanks for the info! I must have the saw about right, It sounds just like what lake described.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back