ts 360 is it dead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seph scott

Reaction score
hey i,ve come accross a stihl ts360 cut off saw the guy i had it off reaconed it just needed a carb service but when you try to pull start it a clanking noise comes from the engine and it wont start at all. Does anyone no what this sound could be and is my saw dead or can i fix it? please help.

Depends how much reconning (is that a word?) the other guy did on it. I had one similar, almost a clicking sound when you tried to pull it over. That turned out to be a really badly worn piston slapping.

Could be any number of things really have a look around the flywheel and clutch, could just be something come loose.

They're a pretty easy saw to work on with plenty parts availability so eminently fixable.

Piston slap... and grab the crank end and see if they move laterally - for the same reason the piston is slapping, the mains may be shot - concrete dust ingestion..

hey i,ve come accross a stihl ts360 cut off saw the guy i had it off reaconed it just needed a carb service but when you try to pull start it a clanking noise comes from the engine and it wont start at all. Does anyone no what this sound could be and is my saw dead or can i fix it? please help.

Dan I think "reckoned" was the word he was after.

Dan I think "reckoned" was the word he was after.

Ah, yes I see what you mean.

Then that will be the infamous "just needs a service" ebay type sales pitch then.

SS, did you pay for it, or is it a freebie?

Back