TSC CL 22Ton vs DHT 22Ton Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHT or TSC?

• DHT

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • TSC

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

sledge&wedge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright guys, I am looking at my rainy day fund and have decided that after my current carport project is done, I will still have enough to finally buy a splitter. I borrow one occasionally, when I have built a pile of uglies that I can't split by hand, and I have decided that I would like to get my own to tear up, scrape paint off of, and replaces hoses on.

I have narrowed my shopping down to either the DHT 22 Ton or the TSC CountyLine 22 Ton. I have seen positives and negatives of both on this site over the past few years, but I wanted to see if anyone had any fresh thoughts on the two. They are both in the same price range (~$1000), and both have enough juice to handle what I need, and both offer the functionality I am looking to have.

So come on... hit me with some knowledge here. If you like one, tell me why. If you don't like one, tell me why. If you have another recommendation, all I ask is that it's about the same price point, nothing electric, and nothing less powerful than a 22 T setup. Also, I want something that I can go look at first before buying, so nothing I would have to have shipped will work for me unless I can look at the same model in person first.

I'm gonna post a poll as well, so if you don't want to type but you do have a preference, feel free to vote.

Thanks dudes.

I anticipated this response... something tells me that bias is heavily leaning one particular way. Hopefully I can get some bias from both sides, or at least a unanimous decision one way or another. I am glad to see a manufacturer presence here though, shows dedication to support and feedback.

Actually both are decent units. We think we have some advantages but won't talk badly about anyone else. Either way, for under $1000 you can't go wrong.

Though ours has an in tank suction screen, larger pump, larger coupler, adjustable detent valve, removeable stripper plates, coil protected hoses, no hose clamps, more robust fully boxed tongue/stand, etc. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not fair to ask unless someone has had both. I got my TSC before DHT had theirs out. Mine has been a great little machine. I saw a new DHT leaving Lowes and it looked like a nice little machine. I probably would have bought the DHT had it been out, just to support a sponsor. DHT has answered all questions about their equipment in a helpful and professional manner. I'm getting ready to contact them about another tool they are making, Joe.

Never seen or used a DHT splutter so I won't comment on them. However I've had my 22T Huskee splutter sense 07 and have split a couple hundred cords with it, and it still runs like the day I bought it. For a $1,000 you can't go wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have the DHT 27 ton. I have a friend who's brother in law has the TSC 22 ton. His is about 2 years older than mine, but I use mine more, so I think they have about the same use on them. Mine has held up better IMO. It's not that his is falling apart, but more of his paint has rubbed off, and surface rust has started to appear, and it has more leaks. I've used his a couple of times, and mine is faster, and doesn't struggle as much through the big stuff, but it is a 27T vs a 22T. I've seen the DHT's on sale for $999 at Lowes. I think the new ones are 28T insteasd of 27, and I believe they have an improved cycle time too. I haven't had to use it because I haven't had any problems, but I've heard DHT will bend over backwards to please you with customer service issues. Plus they have a presence on this site if you ever need someone to talk to. My vote is for DHT.

I have a DHT 27 ton, and I love it. Like mentioned super feedback from the company. They bend over backwards to make sure everyone is happy.

I have the DHT 27 ton. I have a friend who's brother in law has the TSC 22 ton. His is about 2 years older than mine, but I use mine more, so I think they have about the same use on them. Mine has held up better IMO. It's not that his is falling apart, but more of his paint has rubbed off, and surface rust has started to appear, and it has more leaks. I've used his a couple of times, and mine is faster, and doesn't struggle as much through the big stuff, but it is a 27T vs a 22T. I've seen the DHT's on sale for $999 at Lowes. I think the new ones are 28T insteasd of 27, and I believe they have an improved cycle time too. I haven't had to use it because I haven't had any problems, but I've heard DHT will bend over backwards to please you with customer service issues. Plus they have a presence on this site if you ever need someone to talk to. My vote is for DHT.

The paint on my Huskee 22T is pealing off in big chunks, it wasn't applied correctly. Again other than that it has been bullet proof. Sounds like the DHT is a solid unit as well.

I bought a county line 22 read online to check coupler alignment sure enough there were 4 units sitting there one was red tagged because it wouldent start the two others you could see the pump and motor were badly misaligned I made them start the last unit ( cuz the associates are cidiots and struggle with these things ) ....started and ran good no excess vibration so I took the last unit home ...... put it into some fresh green elm right off was getting discouraged at its performance untill I remembered how bad elm sucks to split everything after that was easy going its been running like a top I've only got about 30 face through it so far ....... I don't know about the dht but I do like the horizontal shaft engine I think it keeps the pump up out of the way it you like to drag it through the woods and stuffs

Countyline 22s were on clearance here for 899 right next to a new 25 ton for 949. Looks like a design change. If you want a Countyline 22, you may need to act fast.

I picked mine up when it was on sale I also had a 15% coupon so .... it was a pretty good deal I thought

Alright guys, I am looking at my rainy day fund and have decided that after my current carport project is done, I will still have enough to finally buy a splitter. I borrow one occasionally, when I have built a pile of uglies that I can't split by hand, and I have decided that I would like to get my own to tear up, scrape paint off of, and replaces hoses on.

I have narrowed my shopping down to either the DHT 22 Ton or the TSC CountyLine 22 Ton. I have seen positives and negatives of both on this site over the past few years, but I wanted to see if anyone had any fresh thoughts on the two. They are both in the same price range (~$1000), and both have enough juice to handle what I need, and both offer the functionality I am looking to have.

So come on... hit me with some knowledge here. If you like one, tell me why. If you don't like one, tell me why. If you have another recommendation, all I ask is that it's about the same price point, nothing electric, and nothing less powerful than a 22 T setup. Also, I want something that I can go look at first before buying, so nothing I would have to have shipped will work for me unless I can look at the same model in person first.

I'm gonna post a poll as well, so if you don't want to type but you do have a preference, feel free to vote.

Thanks dudes.
I can't speak to the DHT unit,I've never seen one except for pictures here.However I have a Brave 20 ton and a TSC 35 ton.I'm very happy with both.What I've read about the DHT piece I'd be happy with that one too!

Thanks for all the input guys. I expected both splitters to have some support here as I have seen several threads about both here before, but I just wanted to freshen up my memory on the highs and lows of both. I'm thinking I'll go with the DHT. I'm planning to watch for any sales in the coming few months and see if I can snag one at a low point since I don't have any wood to split right now anyway.

Thanks again for the response!

I have a dht 27 and I think the dht has a few little details that make it a better buy dollar for dollar.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either. Buy whichever is closest to your house.

Latest posts

Back