TSC CL 22Ton vs DHT 22Ton Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHT or TSC?

• DHT

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • TSC

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
I've got the DHT 22 ton and love it. Cycles pretty quick and has gone thru anything I've put on it. A really knotty 24" diameter piece of oak slowed it down, but it went thru it. I've never used the County Line, but you can't go wrong with DHT.

I have a vintage model year 2000 TSC splitter. Has never let me down doing at least 10 cords per year for the last 16 years.

The only "repairs" have been basic maintenance (oil, plug, filter).

Most splits I run it at 1/3 throttle and always let it idle for 5 minutes when cold and before shut down.

Rotella 5w-40 has been the oil for the engines entire life.

I have a 22 ton Huskee with the Briggs. Been a good machine. The Briggs starts good, but hard when cold so I leave it in the heated garage. I think I like the newer ones with the engine on the back side to get the noise further away, but can't drop logs on it.

The DHT has better cycle time, and I like the narrower groove for the wedge, but I don't like the angle of the lever. The Huskee gets a lot of wood jammed in the too-wide groove. Can't go wrong with either.

The DHT 22 ton is $899 at Lowes next week....

I'm not seeing that price anywhere in my neck of the woods... Still $1099 everywhere I have looked. That's not a big deal yet because I'm not quite ready to buy. Probably be a few more weeks yet before I can confirm my budget still exists.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

You might also want to check at the Lowes near you (if that's where you would be buying) to see if the price includes assembly. Even though the price I got wasn't supposed to include assembly and it had to be special ordered, it turned out is was assembled and full of hydraulic fluid - I only had to add engine oil and fire it up - no extra charge for the assembly.

Latest posts

Back