Tsumora bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Bruce
For your information all Archer products are manufactured in China not Australia, the company is called Archer Australia but that's as Australian as it gets.
I'm not fussed on their bars or chain, I sold them for a little while but too many problems.
As far as the Tsumura bars go they have an excellent bar ( not the lightweight ) but nose is not too good since they went from a 6 rivet to a 4 rivet nose, I and many others have destroyed the noses in the later bars, Tsumura is the only bar I have destroyed a nose on in over 35 yrs of using various brands of bar. My personal choice of bar is the GB titanium pro top.
Sounds like I struck an aussie nerve. What would be the point of Archer even mentioning Australia, were it not for the packaging? I have never had an issue with Archer products, unlike farmtec, etc. Not much fussed on those.

oldbuzzard

oldbuzzard

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
For your information all Archer products are manufactured in China not Australia, the company is called Archer Australia but that's as Australian as it gets.
I'm not fussed on their bars or chain, I sold them for a little while but too many problems.
As far as the Tsumura bars go they have an excellent bar ( not the lightweight ) but nose is not too good since they went from a 6 rivet to a 4 rivet nose, I and many others have destroyed the noses in the later bars, Tsumura is the only bar I have destroyed a nose on in over 35 yrs of using various brands of bar. My personal choice of bar is the GB titanium pro top.
RE Tsumura tip problems - do you do a lot of plunge cuts?
GB Titanium Pro - is that a light bar?

vizette

vizette

I can fix that...
. AS Supporting Member.
The factory 24” bar on my 460 Rancher is about done.
I’ve been a fan of Tsumora bars, but have never bought a new one. The ones I have have all come on saws, or were left over from my dads pro falling days. But I do not have a 24” small mount on hand.

where is the best place to find these bars? I found some in ebay, but having trouble finding a actual dealer.

https://www.sawagain.com/search.php?search_query=tsumura&section=product
Got a 24" light from them, pretty responsive to questions. The only gripe I had was that it shipped with an Archer chain and the grind was terrible. Price was comparable to or less than most other sites. Otherwise, I see Tsumura's on ebay all the time. Sawagain was also the only place that had the specific bar I wanted.

cookies

cookies

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I really like the standard tsumura bars I own with their very precisely ground rail gap (hard as hell)clearances and large oil feed holes..I have pinched them a few times and roughly pulled them out or cut them free without any signs of being bent or chain binding. The replaceable tips are softer than the bar rails and wear quickly where the rail meets the tip if you are not diligent with
keeping proper chain tension or run oregon chain without ample lubricant :laughing:
Last year I tried to purchase a 28" tsumura light bar but everywhere was sold out during the 3 months I searched and waited. I am pretty happy so far with the stihl light es bar im still paying off and plan to try a 20" tsumura light version when the payments end lol.

bwalker
I have run GB TI, Tsumara, Sugihara,Windsor, Cannon, Stihl, Oregon and Oregon made Husky bars.
Cannon are very high quality. Stihl ES and ES light bars are nearly as good. GB TI and Windsor are decent. Tsumara, Sugi and Oregon are a step bellow. Just my oppinion.
Anymore all I will buy is Stihl ES or ES light. Cannons are premium quality, but the price has gotten ridiculous IMO.
All of the laminated bars are garbage and for our Canadian friends many Stihl ES bars in CA are rebranded Oregons(at least they were when I lived there).

r black

r black

STIHLAHUSQYLOVER
. AS Supporting Member.
I have run GB TI, Tsumara, Sugihara,Windsor, Cannon, Stihl, Oregon and Oregan made Husky bars.
Cannon are very high quality. Stihl ES and ES light bars are nearly as good. GB TI and Windsor are decent. Tsumara, Sugi and Oregon are a step bellow. Just my oppinion.
Anymore all I will buy is Stihl ES or ES light. Cannons are premium quality, but the price has gotten ridiculous IMO.
All of the laminated bars are garbage and for our Canadian friends many Stihl ES bars in CA are rebranded Oregons(at least they were when I lived there).
.....just returned my first cannon bar 16" inch small mount husqvarna ....... $132 shipped , very good quality bar , i did-not like the weight nor the poorly finished labeling on the bar ....Maybe a bad labeling machine ...or it was low on ink that day? .... but the label was smeared and partly missing... for that $ expected perfection

bwalker
.....just returned my first cannon bar 16" inch small mount husqvarna ....... $132 shipped , very good quality bar , i did-not like the weight nor the poorly finished labeling on the bar ....Maybe a bad labeling machine ...or it was low on ink that day? .... but the label was smeared and partly missing... for that $ expected perfection
Cannon bars are heavy, but the steel they use is as tough as wood peckers lips.
The finish comes off bars when they are used. Never factor I've worried about.

ricka2

ricka2

The factory 24” bar on my 460 Rancher is about done.
I’ve been a fan of Tsumora bars, but have never bought a new one. The ones I have have all come on saws, or were left over from my dads pro falling days. But I do not have a 24” small mount on hand.

where is the best place to find these bars? I found some in ebay, but having trouble finding a actual dealer.
Try Laona Machine Supply ask for Tony. 715-674-3909. Great to work with and knowledgeable!

Latest posts