Tune Saw = 14 stitches (graphic) OucH !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well...My 460 has been running rich,, was cutting the other day and my brother said the saw did not sound right. It was burbling through the cuts. I'm real f!@*&$ up now so bear with me. So I had my buddy come over today with his tach and we messed with the saw. Not sure what happened but we tach it and cut a few times. Next thing you know my leg is ripped open.
Never felt it just noticed the blood. Off to the emegancy room. 14 stitches. After stopping for the prescription for pain (norco) took a few of them, plus stopped by local gin mill had to kill the pain with some beers. I'm back home.
I guess it is wise to were chaps even if your meesing around in the back yard. i do alot of crazy S$!t with hotrod cars and fast ass motorcycles. been screwing around with chainsaws for 4-5 years. Hopefully my last incident.Heres a pic.
stich002.jpg

Little keep sake of blood on the saw
stich003.jpg

You, my friend, were lucky!

Irish it be?

Take care of that cut.

I won't mention how i been tweeking saws for years, Lakeside would not approve, and he has a better method.

Tweek the screw, then check, tweek the screw, then check, repeat.

You got a cheap lesson. Take it to heart.:)

Hope you are not driving yourself with the meds and alcohol.

Last edited:
as the oppertunist that i am .. Any reading this i am lookinbg for a Nice!! 056 SUPER. please get in touch if you have one fer sale :buttkick:

Well now that your saw has a taste for blood you will have to put it down!! :angry: I am sure that there are allot of caring members on here that would gladly help you out in your time of need and get rid of that thing for you before it wants to take a second chomp out of you! :chainsaw:

Better safe than sorry, it can't be trusted :buttkick: :jester:

Hope there isn't to bad of a scar, get well :cheers:

New MS460 --------->$991
New saw chaps ----> $65
Having 2 legs -------> Priceless

Sorry dude, been there and done that too. Only difference is mine carved on the shin bone a little.:taped: (Lesson to self-->wear chaps all the time)

OUCH!!!

guilty of cutting a few piece of wood too long for stove today... without chaps. almost never cut without safety gear.

Partner, Did you buy a lottery ticket today? I sure hope so because, believe it or not, you are a very lucky man!
1. It looks to be"Just a flesh wound"
2. I don't believe you will have any lasting effect from it.
3. It could have been your face like it was with me. (The reason I wear a beard now and don't trust ANYONE to hold stuff away from a fence when I'm cutting)

This is from a long time ago, my 55 got pissed off for working on a Saturday.

attachment.php

Didnt chip any bone, luckily. Its a good conversation piece now. Be careful boys

Thankyou for posting. I work in industry and have seen a lot of accidents. It is usually veterans that get too comfortable that get hurt. I am glad to hear you are ok. I have taken chances in the past and as I get older the risks are simply not worth it. I hope you heal up quickly and get back at it soon.

Glad to see another Teamster on here. I am retired from Roadway with 18 years. I have never been injured by a chain saw, but a couple years ago I cut my jeans in a couple places. Never did tell my wife how they got torn. Be careful and hope you get well soon. Tom

Gregz, I have a cousin (tripod)who was born with two right legs if you decide to cut during your party time.

Im sure hell let you have one, its tough for him to find pants as he stands.

You are lucky. Had a friend a few years ago cut himself badly and opened his femoral artery with a little Homelite 150. He damn near died from that little cut. I am a weekend firewood cutter for personal use as here in Colorado, the cost of propane is really getting to be a pain in the wallet. I ware a helmet, face shield, and ear protection especially with running that
C-5 Homelite. Have not invested in chaps yet. Guess I better get to thinking seriously about it.

I've nicked myself twice in that same spot. Once wearing Levis (041)and the second time in chaps (460). I was extremely lucky both times and didn't need stitches. There is a picture in a local saw shop of a guy that should have had chaps on. A very Ugly rip in his leg. The caption below the picture says that "The average chain saw cut requires 150 stitches to patch up". You might consider getting a pair of chaps.

Last edited:
Back