Turning an 051 into a cutoff saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a nice running 051 that needs a clutch and clutch cover. I recently picked up a 760 cut off saw that is in pieces and incomplete. Imagine a bolt of lightning hitting me when the idea presented itself. Can I take the cut off saw parts from the 760 and put them on my 051? yes? no? anything I should know before attempting? thanks

Should work...but this is a chainsaw forum so some people are gonna be mad that you are turning a chainsaw into a cutoff saw, it should be the other way around.:)

They are only a few differences between the 051 and 076 (manual oiler, engine size, starter cover is shaped different)... and I believe the cutoff saw only differs by the cutoff attachment as far as I know.

You would definitely need to use the cut off saw's air filters. It won't last too long with a standard chainsaw filter.

Put a 16" circular saw blade in that thing and have the best of both worlds!

Sorry AD but I have seen the pictures of what happens when a cut off saw is used to cut wood, and it is not a good way to die.
I hope you are joking but cut off saws were never designed to have chip cutting saw blades on them and the reactive forces created by doing this are deadly.
Please, people, don't ever try this.

Latest posts

Back