TW6 prince valve replacement question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
guys,
looking to replace a leaking Prince Valve on a TW-6. tried all the O rings and still leaks. so off the valve must come. on a website the comparable valve has a "power beyond" im not sure whether or not I need the PB or not.
what does it do and should I order the valve with the PB or not ?
Im guessing I would have to redo the lines to take advantage of the PB to use the lift at the same time as the piston ?
thanks

Power beyond is for supplying a downstream valve...if you have only 1 valve or this is the last valve in the system then you don't need power beyond...
Those should be RD5000 series valves and all are power beyond capable, you just remove the plug and replace with a PB "bushing"

If you don't need power beyond, make sure you get the valve with the right plug...your machine requires an open center valve...closed center won't work on that machine.

Usually designated as OC or CC...

Power beyond is for supplying a downstream valve...if you have only 1 valve or this is the last valve in the system then you don't need power beyond...
Those should be RD5000 series valves and all are power beyond capable, you just remove the plug and replace with a PB "bushing"
Not sure where "downstream" the log lift is, but it would be great if it could be plumbed to work along with the ram. As it is now only one or the other works, even on the return stroke where the lift could expedite the process.
The log lift and the 4 way, I believe, are "down stream "
Thanks for the help, not much of a hydro guy.

Not sure where "downstream" the log lift is, but it would be great if it could be plumbed to work along with the ram. As it is now only one or the other works, even on the return stroke where the lift could expedite the process.
The log lift and the 4 way, I believe, are "down stream "
Thanks for the help, not much of a hydro guy.

If its the split valve you are replacing, then you want power beyond...theres no way to have power to everything at the same time, without a completely different and expensive system...when you pull the valve it blocks off flow to all downstream operations...splitters are usually plumbed with the split valve having priority...

Pardon the ignorance. It's a TW6 and the "ram" valve is first then the lift and 4way lift valve is plumbed next to it with what seems to be a 3/4" pipe connector. Sorry for the poor understanding and less of the terminology.
I'll call TW in the AM and see what they say.
If by "split" you mean oil goes in then goes to the next valve , then yes it's the split one I am replacing.

If you have the same set up the log lift seems to be first, them four-way wedge lift, then splitting cylinder. Activating the log lift stops the splitting cylinder, as you said. you might need a double pump to run both functions at the same time.

Pardon the ignorance. It's a TW6 and the "ram" valve is first then the lift and 4way lift valve is plumbed next to it with what seems to be a 3/4" pipe connector. Sorry for the poor understanding and less of the terminology.
I'll call TW in the AM and see what they say.
If by "split" you mean oil goes in then goes to the next valve , then yes it's the split one I am replacing.
I meant split as in the valve to split the wood...
If you machine is the same as sandhills then the log lift/4way valve needs the PB , and the split valve would need the open center plug...

pretty much explains how the PB works...these are the same valves you have

after looks at the pics now that I'm on a computer, and not my phone...the split valve is actually a Prince LS3000 series, and the lift/4way is a RD5000
if your going to replace the valve I would highly recommend replacing it with a RD5000 series valve...they are a much better valve...the LS3000 series is prince's low end (economy) valve

Latest posts

Back