Twenty dollars worth of cherry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Van

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Thats what I spent on gas to go get this load - Have to go back Mon, Tue, & Wed. to finish the 2 trees. Uprooted in a storm a few weeks ago, 30 miles one way, lot of good sawlogs, some firewood.
cherry3.jpg
cherry1.jpg
The little boat doesn't hold water anymore!

Great find... doesn't look like much sapwood either. Yup, free is good. Worth $20 in gas anyday of the week.

Is that a boat crushed under that log? Sheeeeesh.

Nice!

Nice truck too! Once you've sawn it into lumber, why not double your money, by selling it all to me for $40.00!
Andy:laugh:

Worth a few beans for sure, well atleast more then you got invested. Good find!

It's hard to see in the pic., but it looks like
crane6x.jpg
I built it from scrap, too cheap to pay 6 grand for a store bought one. Probably had it 15 years? It was on my last truck before this one. It's run [now] by the 4 hp Briggs, 4 gpm pump. Mostly I move logs with it, but it's done stoves, machinery, gunsafes, etc. It'll pick 2000 lb.

Free wood is the best! hopefully one of my neighbors will call me up for some downed trees......but cherry around here is a hard find! Cheers to the great score!:cheers:

load #2, another twenty bucks

load2.jpg
Monday AM. second load. The log on the top right, I wished was in the middle, but it came home the 30 miles [chained of course] just fine. One more load tomorrow will finish it up.

Sweet! Id like to run into some Cherry that size around here. Its mostly around 18" and under and looks like a county road map.

Back