Two chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bad part is,, that happened THREE times,, in the same day!!! ANNNDDDDD, only one time,, did I have to go home,, and get the FOURTH saw....twisted burr oak!!!! I only took out the fourth saw.. maybe I should have took three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Or you could maybe learn to fell a tree without kiling yourself. That's a better idea than 4 saws.

Or you could maybe learn to fell a tree without kiling yourself. That's a better idea than 4 saws.
steve,, these were already toppled. lumber boys dropped, and then decided didn't want......a burr oak, at least around here,, grows crooked every which way. like a puzzle to get it apart...maybe I should go to a three year arborist school........................

steve,, these were already toppled. lumber boys dropped, and then decided didn't want......a burr oak, at least around here,, grows crooked every which way. like a puzzle to get it apart...maybe I should go to a three year arborist school........................
there about as bad as tornado damaged blow downs, twisted, snarly, cracked wood with a mind of their own. only being stuck 10 times a day makes for a good day!

there about as bad as tornado damaged blow downs, twisted, snarly, cracked wood with a mind of their own. only being stuck 10 times a day makes for a good day!
you can walk around,, and plan your attack,, but it will still end up being wrong!!! had a blowdown walnut,, that grew in circles!!! I did cut my leg on that one,, but just cut the top of skin lightly.....wondered why the new coveralls were turning red......never felt it, tho coverall was cut!!

It's funny how this works out, but it has happened to me and I have read it here from other members. Once you have a big saw, the big trees find you. Can't explain it, but it happens.

With that said, I have run a 441cm, dang smooth, wicked easy to start.

I'm gonna guess that you've never had to work on one. That would cool your ardor, real quick!

You need at least 5 saws - small, medium, large, top-handle, polesaw. A few extra for back-up wouldn't be a bad idea.

Fixed it for you, unc. Cutting up hardwood tops, or pruning, a polesaw is a necessity. Just don't get that one stuck. :chainsaw:

No, never owned one, so never worked on one. Have not read much about them being "broken" a lot either.

Bit back, that saw was the "winner" in a "what saw do you most hate to work on contest" here. I could tell you a multi-layer horror story about the one some fellow sawyers bought, but I've posted it before, and would like to wash out the remaining taste, from getting volunteered to fix it.

Bit back, that saw was the "winner" in a "what saw do you most hate to work on contest" here. I could tell you a multi-layer horror story about the one some fellow sawyers bought, but I've posted it before, and would like to wash out the remaining taste, from getting volunteered to fix it.

Please tell me the 6421 was no where on that list. Right? I hope not.

Chose to head out with one saw today since it was 15F and I wasn't planning on being out long. Had a red oak snag on a beech, then had the beech snag on a maple - both trees 15"+ DBH and resting on their broken hinges on the stumps. Pinched the chain in the beech trying to get it to finish coming off the stump.

Pulled the bar, left the chain in the tree for tomorrow. That's what happens when you have one saw. :oops:

Please tell me the 6421 was no where on that list. Right? I hope not.

Truth to tell, I was kinda blinded by flashbacks of that plagued 441 POC. Can't think of any reason the 6421 would get any mention there, just rashly assuming that all its pieces are as accessible as on the 6100, which is night/day different from the 441.

Seems Dolmar isn't interested in Rube Goldberg poo. Looking to buy one? Good saw, Solo design I've heard.

I have had some of my trusty wood cutting companions for over 20 years and only 1 have I had to tear down past the carb.... a jonsered 625 that lost its compression to a point that fuel would run out the exhaust with only a few pull starts!

Minutia. Don't sweat it even if it is. How many times does a homeowner need to do a full teardown of their saw? Hardly ever.

Good because I don't know how lol. I may go your route, get a little limbing saw. At least I think you made a thread about finding a nice little saw for limbing.

Truth to tell, I was kinda blinded by flashbacks of that plagued 441 POC. Can't think of any reason the 6421 would get any mention there, just rashly assuming that all its pieces are as accessible as on the 6100, which is night/day different from the 441.

Seems Dolmar isn't interested in Rube Goldberg poo. Looking to buy one? Good saw, Solo design I've heard.

The 6421 seems pretty simple. I didn't do much to it yet, just pulled off the carb to clean out some paint residue. Some genius in Home Depot thought it was a good idea to spray orange paint on the filter.

Bought one last week I believe. I've been so concerned with finding the elusive four stroke sound I haven't really had a chance to use it.

Chose to head out with one saw today since it was 15F and I wasn't planning on being out long. Had a red oak snag on a beech, then had the beech snag on a maple - both trees 15"+ DBH and resting on their broken hinges on the stumps. Pinched the chain in the beech trying to get it to finish coming off the stump.

Pulled the bar, left the chain in the tree for tomorrow. That's what happens when you have one saw. :oops:

lol. Hopefully there's no wind. I got my Homelite stuck in a magnolia tree. Took it up a ladder and sat on the tree while sawing a branch. Branch pinched the bar so I left the saw dangling in the tree while I fetched a handsaw. Had to cut it out.

I have had some of my trusty wood cutting companions for over 20 years and only 1 have I had to tear down past the carb.... a jonsered 625 that lost its compression to a point that fuel would run out the exhaust with only a few pull starts!

Nice. Hope I'm as lucky as you.

Just wondering, was that a plain jane 441, or the cm model, with mtronic?

Some wind tonight would make me happy. Those trees need a good jiggle or some thick sticky snow to come down where I want them (deer browse height). It's too thick to get in there with the atv to winch on 'em and I don't have a come-a-long here to use instead.

I'll get my chain out, and I'll move over a bit and keep cutting tomorrow. Those snags will get dealt with when the snows gone if they aren't on the ground by Spring. I'm planting black spruce there when the ground thaws and want to open some canopy as well as nasty it up for buck bedding.

Just wondering, was that a plain jane 441, or the cm model, with mtronic?

The one. Accessibility for service ~ 0. Until you've been in there, you won't believe it.

This one apparently sucked a sphere of pretty hard metal back in the exh. port. Got caught between edge of piston crown and edge of exh. port. Single hit & b-bye p&c. "Sorry, you're X days out of warranty. Too expensive to fix. Bend over, smile and watch the birdie."

Wish I was making this up.

I'm going to my dealer this week. They sell both husq and stihl. There's a 372XP-G instock as well as the 441C-M so I'm going to get a feel for both. Don't have a preference one way or the other, my current saw is a Stihl MS260, which has been awesome, but that's not to say the Husqvarna wouldn't be just as good!

The one. Accessibility for service ~ 0. Until you've been in there, you won't believe it.

This one apparently sucked a sphere of pretty hard metal back in the exh. port. Got caught between edge of piston crown and edge of exh. port. Single hit & b-bye p&c. "Sorry, you're X days out of warranty. Too expensive to fix. Bend over, smile and watch the birdie."

Wish I was making this up.

Hmm, do things fly back into exhaust ports regularly? I was planning on removing the spark arrestor screen from my muffler

Latest posts

Back