Two screw carbs for the 026/260 - new - $6

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harbor freight has an ultra sonic cleaner and if I remember correctly its on sale.

Ok gotcha...they work pretty slick.

I always use whitegas in mine and I make sure to set it on top of my woodstove when I'm running it. It seems like the heat of the woodstove accellerates the process. I'm kidding about the woodstove thing.

Last edited:
Ok gotcha...they work pretty slick.

I always use whitegas in mine and I make sure to set it on top of my woodstove when I'm running it. It seems like the heat of the woodstove accellerates the process. I'm kidding about the woodstove thing.

Yeah,I'd bet it would 'accelerate' the process....lol.....glad you put the disclaimer on the end,some of us aren't too bright..:ices_rofl: ......besides,I heard that Crown Royal works the best for cleaning.....now where did I put that...'hiccup' ohh yeah......

Yeah,I'd bet it would 'accelerate' the process....lol.....glad you put the disclaimer on the end,some of us aren't too bright..:ices_rofl: ......besides,I heard that Crown Royal works the best for cleaning.....now where did I put that...'hiccup' ohh yeah......
Just be careful...that stuff may lead to pumpometer cycles.

I snoozed

Well, since I snoozed....literally............
I have been adjusting the L screw, but is it very touchy. Just kind of looking at it sometimes makes it run different (just kidding of course). But very minor adjustments have very major impacts. I guess I just need to find that sweet spot. I think I am almost there and will just keep going.
I haven't done any work on the muffler, so I think that will be next. I'll search the forums for instructions and have at it. That alone may make things much better.
Thanks again

The L screw should not be "touchy" at all - in fact, it has a very wide adjustment range for "acceptable" running - maybe 1/4 turn. You may have other problems..

Received my to carbs today! Bolted right up! A few minor adjustments and it was running like new!

I got mine today also...I haven't tried any of them yet, but they look good. It appears that the high, low, and idle adjustment screws are turned all the way in. Make sure to set them to default settings (1 turn out on the h&l) before running the saw. If anyone is trying to mount them on a saw without intellicarb just swap top plates with your old carb.

Thanks Andy for showing us them.

Last edited:
I got mine today also...I haven't tried any of them yet, but they look good. It appears that the high, low, and idle adjustment screws are turned all the way in. Make sure to set them to default settings (1 turn out on the h&l) before running the saw. If anyone is trying to mount them on a saw without intellicarb just swap top plates with your old carb.

Thanks Andy for showing us them.

HUH? ANYONE?? you and DDM pretty much bought them all! :greenchainsaw:

Make sure to set them to default settings (1 turn out on the h&l) before running the saw.

I thought default was 1-1/4 Turns? Turned the out 1-1/4 cranked up and ran good.I want to make dang sure its not to lean! Whats the max SAFE Rpm for a 260?

Latest posts

Back