Two Years Of Improvements In Meteor Cylinder Kits (Brad's Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who stickied this thread and put up a childish poll on it? To add insult, how can you expect and honest poll showing pics of old and new from different views, and enlargements, not degreeing or runnig the kit, flip flopping on improvements ect.

Here's what I see. You posted two year old pics of a kit....made a blanket statement that they were all junk because of those pics (which I would bet were the worst you had in your files).

Then you were sent a new kit to look at after you said you would give it a fair evaluation. When you received the kit you overly enlarged the pics to exaggerate the "defects" and then stated that this was no improvement at all. Which is a load of bull####.

You also said you wouldn't waste your time installing this sorry kit.....but looking back through your posts shows you've installed must worse and crowed about how great it was.

You've dropped a bunch in my eyes over this #### Brad.

I gave it the same review I gave the first ones. If they can't pass a visual inspection, why bother going any farther. I'm simply not interested in working with parts of this quality.

I've seen some great AM kits over the years and I've seen a lot of crap ones. The bottom line, is that you can't trust the quality in a AM cylinder. How many reports have you seen of failed AM topends, for any number of reasons. These cylinders come from the same source!!!

I'm REALLY sorry that you have chosen to make this personal. This had NOTHING to do with you or ANYONE or ANYTHING else, believe what you may.

Please tell me that you're not the one that stickied those threads.

There's no double standard at all. Behind the scenes, I've given constructive criticism on AM kits for years. Meteor putting their name on this crap, and then seeing then pushed on the unsuspecting, was the straw that broke the camels back. You seem to think that I "have an agenda" or have "ulterior motives". What are you talking about?

So "behind the scenes" you told someone how bad they were, but in your public threads you said they were great?

Seems kinda shady, dontcha think?

Here's what I see. You posted two year old pics of a kit....made a blanket statement that they were all junk because of those pics (which I would bet were the worst you had in your files).

Then you were sent a new kit to look at after you said you would give it a fair evaluation. When you received the kit you overly enlarged the pics to exaggerate the "defects" and then stated that this was no improvement at all. Which is a load of bull####.

You also said you wouldn't waste your time installing this sorry kit.....but looking back through your posts shows you've installed must worse and crowed about how great it was.

You've dropped a bunch in my eyes over this #### Brad.

Look at this post again and address it. Really.

I gave it the same review I gave the first ones. If they can't pass a visual inspection, why bother going any farther. I'm simply not interested in working with parts of this quality.

The BB kit you installed from Baileys looked much worse and you said it was easily fixed?

I've seen some great AM kits over the years and I've seen a lot of crap ones. The bottom line, is that you can't trust the quality in a AM cylinder. How many reports have you seen of failed AM topends, for any number of reasons. These cylinders come from the same source!!!

Most fail because of the piston. I'm sure you know this as well as I do.

I'm REALLY sorry that you have chosen to make this personal. This had NOTHING to do with you or ANYONE or ANYTHING else, believe what you may.

I think it is personal. You are making that clear.

When you said you saw no improvement in the two year old kit and the current one I knew without a doubt that you were not being honest. I don't know why you are doing this, but I'm stunned.

Did I mention I'm having a great time here????

:haha:

I think it is personal. You are making that clear.

When you said you saw no improvement in the two year old kit and the current one I knew without a doubt that you were not being honest. I don't know why you are doing this, but I'm stunned.

I already adressed that, Randy. Once you posted the pics side by side, there is an improvement. The bottom line is, they're still crap, IMHO.

Why does this have to be personal? I pointed out flaws in a product. I cam after no one. Now you're coming after me in a personal way. That's what I'm very upset about. Why do you think this is personal?

could it be, someone here is not the person everyone here thought he was??????? now.......try to figure that one out. pizza on a sunday night is a great thing.

Seems to me,,the only reason to choose an AM kit is to replace a failed OEM top end !! :)

lets all go buy $300 top ends to put on a $200 saw !! yeh !! sounds like a good idea to me !!
then pay somebody $250 to port it ! yeh !! lets put $$550 into a $200 saw !! yeh !! good idea !!

I aint seen a saw yet worth paying somebody to install an OEM top end kit.. when you can buy a running saw for the same price and have a parts saw to boot !!

Latest posts

Back