Tzed250's Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is true. The color does not weather well. I put a modified 288 dawg on my 562 to make distance from the wood. Sent a 562 dawg with mx_racer428 when he picked up his 550. Reported back that one of the mounting holes needed to be elongated a bit to bolt up.

Picture or it didn't happen right?
jeryda7a.jpg

I took the 550 out this morning to limb and buck some small to medium sized Oak. This is one sweet firewood saw. The fact that it will pull 11-12.5k while bucking 14" wood and 13.5+ while limbing is somewhat impressive. Much of the top was above shoulder height so the light weight made the limbing a breeze. I have yet to miss the mixture screws. It was 25* this morning and the saw ran perfectly from the start, just like it did when it was 90*. I like this saw...

You still running .325 John?

Yep, .325, but I think I'm getting ready to give it the boot. The 20LPX is showing to be somewhat delicate, and doesn't clear the chips as well in deep cuts. I proved to myself that 3/8 is faster but I wanted to give the .325 a fair shake. Hard to beat 33RS...

Im running a 18" 3/8s set up on my stocker. I will say i think it pulls .325 easier and has a few more RPMs in the cut, i just like 3/8s chain so much better. I still have a piece of a roll of Stihl square, and its a little easier having less stuff to keep up with when I go cutting. All in a matter of opinion though....:laugh:

Yep, .325, but I think I'm getting ready to give it the boot. The 20LPX is showing to be somewhat delicate, and doesn't clear the chips as well in deep cuts. I proved to myself that 3/8 is faster but I wanted to give the .325 a fair shake. Hard to beat 33RS...

For some reason 72lpx cutters stay sharper longer than 20lpx for me, but I usually fall back to 33rs as well for the long haul. :msp_thumbsup:

Obviously there are less room for chip transport with .325 chain - no tree grows into heaven...

As usual the only way to really kow which setup fits tour use best, is to try the options yourself. :wink2:

Sawtroll
sorry to disagree and this probably is'nt the topic at this point in the thread but I have a 353 with a 20" bar with .325nk chain and it noodles just fine, sure you have to clear the noodles as you go under the saw but I've never had a problem with jam ups. By the way, my saw is modded a little but a 20 inch bar sure saves the back and 1 or 2 or 5 seconds in a cut does'nt matter much when you can go home after a days cut and still stand up straight, just sayin.

Exactly what i would have wanted for my 560xpg - I guess the closest we can get at the moment is a Sugihara Light?

So far I have a 16" ProLite in Husky color on mine, and I'm not in a hurry to get a longer one.

I have later found out that the small mount Sugi bars are K095/K041 combo bars, and not pure K095 bars. This means that they are not suitable for the small mount 5xx series saws (and Jonsered counterparts), from what I have read.

However, I don't really know - and consider this a rumor so far. :confused:

Back