UK stumpgrinders in a cooperative network

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevieb

STEVIEB.

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME WAY OF THINKING AS YOU.AS YOU SAY STUMPY66 HAS DONE A GREAT JOB SO FAR BUT WE NEED TO MAINTAIN MOMENTUM......A MEET IS THE WAY TO GO..... EVEN IF IT'S ONLY ME AND THEE. JUST BECAUSE STUMPY66 IS GRAFTING WE NEED NOT STOP OUR INPUT:popcorn:

Have you spoken to rob on this subject. I did have his telephone number but I have misplaced it. Probebly put it in my filing basket (bin)?

stevieb

THIS IS MY LAST POST FOR TODAY SADLY....HE SAY'S

I WILL TRY AND FIND ROB,S (STUMPY66) NUMBER TO CONTACT HIM.
AND SEE WHERE WE ARE.
I HAVE ALSO NOTED YOUR NUMBER AND WILL CONTACT YOU SOON

REGARDS JOHN............STUMPED!!

PS. HAVE YOU ANY IDEA OF OTHER STUMPERS WHO HAVE CONFIRMED AN INTEREST? :help:

No mate I only now you guys on here perhaps Rolla? any how will be good to talk my home number is 01902 408213 and email [email protected] If any foxy ladies read this posting please feel free to call me lol

Glad you are talking...there are more of us.....i need to get the details together..work has gone a bit potty and i have been away...but yes next step is to get a list of us together.....there is 6-7 of us at the minute i think, maybe more....and then as you say..and has been discussed by others, meet up somewhere....my number is 07801-150727 rob or [email protected]

Stumpy66 Independent Stump Grinders

stumpy66....glad to see you back online.just tried to keep the momentum going
might pursuade the sceptic's out there if they see we mean business

stumped!! (john 07802 983062)

Bang On..............we Need A Central Location For Everyone So Travel Distance And Time Is Fair As Poss... I'm Not Affraid To Make Arrangements For A Location But We Need A Consensus On Where And What We Need!!!! Conference Facility Or Motorway Service Station Carpark...... Probably A Saturday Early In May? My Only Concern Is We Three Seem To Be The Only One's Talking To Each Other.

thanks for the reply,

Stump grinding in the UK is still relativly new compared to the US and the costs of setting up a professional business are high, the second hand market for stump grinders is not good so at the moment we stumpers can make a good living, Thats not to say that will always be the case but at the moment we can do rather well just doing stumps.

I would not worry John at the end of the day you got to dive in on a date etc... and hope that enough follow its a risk but you got to take it.

Treeco........thanks For The Input...but No Thanks.do Not Confuse The U.s Market With The U.k.....i Think I Know What I'm Talking About After 25 Years In The Tree Biz........any Way Us Limeys Are 10 Years Behind You Yanks .................have A Nice Daaaaaaaaay!

Stevieb............i Wanted Others To Respond But I Think It's Got Out Of Hand When The American's Want In! What Area Is He Going To Cover ..............orkney Islands Perhaps?

Last edited:
hey chill!! i welcome the input from our american cousins....it's where most of us get out kit from....its difficult to get people together..but worth it in the end....chill.....this thread is to encourage stump grinders everywhere to chat, and for the independant stumpgrinders in the UK to meet, chat and hopefully make stumpgrinding in the UK a more focused place....

but treeco....you live in a dark place......why respond to a thread that has no interest to you but sceptisicm. I thought only chinese gymnasts could stick there head up their ass....but no...i might book you for our summer fete........you may have some use then!!

Uk Stump-grinders Co-operative

TREECO.............THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION INPUT LIKE THIS GET'S US TALKING AND THINKING ABOUT THE JOB,AFTER ALL SAID & DONE WERE IN THE SAME BIZ........HOPE THE BRIT HUMOUR AMUSES.
.... ABOUT THE JOB-STUMP GRINDING IN THE UK IS STILL IN IT'S INFANCY A LARGE SLICE OF THE BRITISH POPULATION ARE STILL IGNORANT OF TREE STUMP REMOVAL , THE PURPOSE OF OUR CO-OP IS TO BUILD AWARENESS AND CREATE A MARKET.....I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN ARBORICULTURE FOR 25 YEARS NOW AND IT IS ONLY RECENTLY THAT THERE AS BEEN ANY REAL DEMAND FOR STUMP GRINDING IN THE U.K.....PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A SMALL OVERCROWDED ISLAND WHERE SPACE IS AT A PREMIUM SO THE DEMAND FOR COMPLETE TREE REMOVAL IS GREATER THAN EVER,WE HAVE AN ONGOING PROBLEM WITH MATURE TREE STOCK ON OUR CITY STREETS TREE RELATED SUBSIDENCE IS A REAL ISSUE AND FINALLY THE GREAT BRITISH GARDENER IN HIS WISDOM AS OVER THE LAST 35 YEARS PLANTED EVERGREEN CONIFERS BY THE MILLION INFACT NEW GOVERNMENT LEGISLATION HAS BEEN INTRODUCED TO COPE WITH THE PROBLEM.

THATS THE END OF MY SERMON AND ANGLO/AMERICAN P.R FOR TODAY,
BEST WISHES.........STUMPED!! :dizzy:

Back