Ultimate Three Saw Plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Realistically we all know that we only need one saw maybe two at most, but to have three, well that's just plain ol fun. And we won't even talk about the other ones because that's insanity.
Well here is mine.
image.jpg
First my Wicked Work Saw 2188 sporting a 24" bar. Great for the bigger stuff and noodling them. Probably one of the better ported large saws.
Next
image.jpg
441xp Super Magnum ported by Randy Evans. All around great firewood saw, the first one I grab and incredible with an 18" b&c. I will never let this one go.
And last but definitely not least.
image.jpg
346xp also ported by Randy. Pound for pound the best saw I've ever ran. I can not beleive the amount of torque that this thing has and the power that it holds in the cut.

Good pics Numa, but I could just as well have gone with that nice ported 461 in there, tough pic between that and the 441, but then U have an 18" bar on it, which, IMO, is small for that size powerhead.

I have not run your big saw yet, next GTG!

Not bad combos at all guys. My current 3 saw plan is 461 ported by Randy which wears a 28" B&C most of the time and a 32" when I need it, stock ms440 with 20", and a stock dolmar 421 with a 16". Works very well for me so far

Realistically we all know that we only need one saw maybe two at most, but to have three, well that's just plain ol fun. And we won't even talk about the other ones because that's insanity.
Well here is mine.
View attachment 400392
First my Wicked Work Saw 2188 sporting a 24" bar. Great for the bigger stuff and noodling them. Probably one of the better ported large saws.
Next
View attachment 400393
441xp Super Magnum ported by Randy Evans. All around great firewood saw, the first one I grab and incredible with an 18" b&c. I will never let this one go.
And last but definitely not least.
View attachment 400396
346xp also ported by Randy. Pound for pound the best saw I've ever ran. I can not beleive the amount of torque that this thing has and the power that it holds in the cut.

That is one fine line up out of the endless possibilities out there....:clap:

I like my ported 2150, ported 288 and ported 2186. And have ported 268 to use but that'd be a 4 saw plan......oops

You ever try to count how many brands are on Acers site? !!
Not really dont think I can count that high.lol
Of course I meant current manufacturers mainly stihl and husky.my three odd balls would be
Redmax gz400
Echo cs600 p
Mac 700

Latest posts

Back