Ultrasonic cleaners for Carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu in Tokyo said:
Lakeside

I hear what you are saying about the corrosiveness of water, but I don't leave it in there for long, and I blow things out with compressed air and then parts cleaner, or what is called Brake Clean, here in Japan (A very tall aerosol can, with a clear nearly odorless stuff in it that has a very high flash point, and evaporates very quickly). The high tension of the water, is that not defeated by putting in the dish soap?

Just curious, as I've only seen the sonic cleaners, here in Japan, used with a water based cleaner, maybe they have some rules about using anything but water as it may be dangerous?

I'll try the Coleman stove fuel idea.

Cheers!

If you use water, I'd recommend you soak the carb in Isopropal alcohol after wards to be sure the water is removed. It's not how long you leave it in the water, but how long the water stays in the carb after you take it out - it is very hard to get all the water out of the internal passages and particularly from the sealed outlet valves. Yes, the soap helps with the tension, but I don't want soap residue in my carbs either.

Sure a "fuel" or flammable substance is more dangerous than water. Water (with additives) works well for most situations, mild solvents work better for others. All the ultrasonic is doing is providing the "scrubbing". If you can clean it with just scrubbing, then water works fine. if not...

Stu in Tokyo said:
OK, what am I missing here...?

Who is DuPont? ........Paint?

What would a DIYer have to do with old wooden buildings in Tokyo?

Define "old"

Ever here of the fire bombings in WWII...?

An earthquake or two..?

My humour, inventor of Napalm, fear of fire, pre 1945,yup, we have tornados

Back