"Unleaded Fuel Only" Warnings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question. How bout the carbs with only splined shafts where the adjustments are? How do you adjust those? Special tool? And where can i get it? Thanks.

in minnesota

I believe leaded gas is still sold at the pump in some countries where it may be offered for sale. People used to use unleaded in 4 cycle mowers, was it an issue with valve deposits? Obviously it wasn't a problem in cars.

in minnesota leaded only exists as aviation fuel i believe, or at the pump i know for sure as a oldsmobile collector, 108 octane racing gas for muscle cars. bet its brutal on saws. wont try to find out:givebeer:

I have a question. How bout the carbs with only splined shafts where the adjustments are? How do you adjust those? Special tool? And where can i get it? Thanks.

Get a piece of brass tube the same diameter as the splined shaft, use a counterpunch to slightly flare the end, and gently tap the tube onto the spline.
Use an old screwdriver handle to fix it in with epoxy or similar.
You can buy those tools but they are hard to find and expensive.

What is the deal with that state anyway!!!!!?????

When I used to drive through Riverside CA. from Lancaster Ca. back in the 70's and early 80's. In August it was not uncommon to have visibility of 1/2-1 of a mile visibility and there hadn't been any rain in a couple of months or more. One of the major pollutants was blamed on car exhaust, This was after all, pre computer controlled everything. A contributing factor as I recall was what they called, [at the time] an inversion layer would sit on the mountains surrounding LA, Orange county, San Bernardino areas that would hold heat and air in the Los Angeles basin and not let it escape. thus the pollution would just build up. Sometimes the Santa Anna winds were welcome as they would help clear the air and blow the pollution out to sea. The old timers would sometimes refer to the LA basin the valley of 10,000 smokes, I believe it referred to the native American's name for the LA basin.
Larry the cable Guy is right, it is a great place to live, good climate, all types of recreation just a short drive away, Big Bear for water/snow skiing, .....

Latest posts

Back