Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Brent Denny took the time to ask how things are going with me and my family. Many others of you have expressed concern as well. Since I have been absent from aboristsite and not answering emails on a timely manner, I thought I would update everyone with what I wrote to Brent.

On the plus side my wife and I are talking often, and have been spending more and more time together. On the minus side she is still living with her sister and has taken our kids out of the school they did go to and moved them to a school closer to where she is living. She still is following through on the legal separation, which takes 6 months with kids in Michigan, so I have until May before anything is final. I am praying that the separation never comes to be. In the mean time I just met with the counseler at our church who knows us well, and he feels it is time for her to make up her mind and stop all the games, so he is going to say to her that he believes it is time to for her to come home and be a family again. He even said he believed she'd be back home in 2 weeks. I hope so, and I want to believe that with God all things are possible, but I'm having a hard time thinking that is going to happen. Oh ye of little faith! Maybe that is what the right thing to do is, but she still can choose any other path. I hope not.

I think chainsaws are going to have to become a much smaller part of my life if I am ever going to make this marriage last. I have a passion for them, and it seemed like the right thing to do to start a business around them, until I lost my family as a result (at least one of the many reasons). So, my posts on aboristsite and my internet sales are going to be few and far between. I hope no one takes it personally that I have faded into oblivion, but I have to focus on the things in life that really count.

Dang - sucks. Don't know you from Adam, but I am definitely familiar with the scenario (in generic terms). Tough being powerless in a situation so all-encompassing. Best of luck.

On another note, you REALLY got me thinking. Hmmmm. MS460...baby bed...MS460...baby bed...ms-460...baby bed...Did my wife put you up to this?

Take care, and just be you.

Tony I had wondered where you went, hope you get what you want and everything works out for you and your wife and children, Take Care Ed

Tony, I wish all the best for you and your family, and I hope everything works out for you.

I wasn't aware of your difficulties Tony. I certainly wish you happiness.

On a selfish note, I hope you can keep selling me GB bars. I'm not aware of any other good sources and I prefer buying from ASite sponsors. :)

Sorry to hear how bad it got for you, but hope it all works out OK in the end. Sometimes folks go through this, and believe it or not right now, they do end up back together and happy if it is what they both want.

You can get everything in moderation sometimes. Hope to see you up at the MI GTG in the spring. My girl and my kids will be there so bring yours along and they can all keep themselves entertained for a few hours while we go watch the show. Actually, my son cant wait to see all the suped up saws and I will make a weekend camping trip around it.

Tony,

MARK 10:27 - And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

I am a Christian and trust the Lord in EVERYTHING I do. I'll also be remebering you and your family in my prayers. Families are important.

Kevin

TonyM,

I am sorry for your situation. I most assuredly understand what you are going through as therapy is what I do for a living. There are no winners in separation and divorce. Children are resilient, but it is incredibly difficult for them. While you and your wife are sorting this thing out, please be sure the children understand that mom and dad love them. I know you aren't asking for advice, but I deal with so much of this every day and children just don't understand. I hope things work out for you and your family. Leave no stone un-turned and do all you can do. The rest is up to her. As you know, a marriage is 100% / 100%, not the 50/50 people talk about. You can only do your part; no one else's.

In my thoughts,
Michael

Hey Tony,
I hope all goes well in the coming weeks for you and your wife. I thank you for the help you have been to me for parts that I have needed.
Thank you and Take care
Bob Pierce

Hey Tony, Good luck with everything I hope it all works out for ya.I think your wifes grandpa lives across from my brother Clff, Ole Ken Hes a good guy. But take care.

Rick

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Any prayers are much welcome, and I tell my kids every chance I get that I love their mom and I love them.

Hi Tony, I've only done one small deal with you, but I'm sorry to see you getting out of the business and having heartbreak at home. All things work together for the good for those who love the Lord. That means the good things and the bad. As soon as I finish posting this, I'll pray for you and your family. God Bless!

I'm not abandoning the business altogether. I just have to be cautious about how much time I spend on it. I am servicing all my local customers, albeit at a little slower pace. Internet sales and surfing the net take up a considerable amount of time for the amount of profit, and I justified it to myself by saying I needed to sacrafice to grow the business. Now that I have developed a few loyal local customers, I have taken the posture that I will sit back a little, and let the business come to me. I prayed about starting the shop almost 2 years ago when Dave Neiger approached me about it, and I thought I never got an answer, and that it had to be a good thing. Looking back, I now see that God was telling me to stay focused on following Him, because he knew what was coming. The saw shop became a distraction that consumed me and kept me from my family and from other more important tasks. The business in and of itself is not a bad thing, much like money, and sex, and those types of things. It is just when it starts to fill the space in your life that God is meant to fill, and becomes what you worship instead of God. It seems we as humans have had the tendency throughout the ages to stop worshipping the Creator, and start worshipping the creation. I believe that God will not bless you with things when he knows that your heart is not ready to act responsibly with those blessings. He was trying to tell me that 2 years ago, but I'm so hard headed I always have to learn the hard way. I have a tendency to fill my plate way to full with projects, and I need to learn to focus on the important ones. Otherwise I end up stressed out over all the stuff that is half done. I'd rather get one thing finished than have 10 things almost finished. Like the O.T. character Joseph, some bad things are happeing to me, but I believe God is preparing me to handle some bigger responsibilities. Joseph always had faith that during the dark times God had a purpose to mature and grow him, and in the end he became the second in command over all Egypt and was able to turn around and save the very brothers that sold him as a slave. I really gain inspiration from that whole story.

TonyM said:
I'm not abandoning the business altogether. I just have to be cautious about how much time I spend on it. I am servicing all my local customers, albeit at a little slower pace. Internet sales and surfing the net take up a considerable amount of time for the amount of profit, and I justified it to myself by saying I needed to sacrafice to grow the business. Now that I have developed a few loyal local customers, I have taken the posture that I will sit back a little, and let the business come to me. I prayed about starting the shop almost 2 years ago when Dave Neiger approached me about it, and I thought I never got an answer, and that it had to be a good thing. Looking back, I now see that God was telling me to stay focused on following Him, because he knew what was coming. The saw shop became a distraction that consumed me and kept me from my family and from other more important tasks. The business in and of itself is not a bad thing, much like money, and sex, and those types of things. It is just when it starts to fill the space in your life that God is meant to fill, and becomes what you worship instead of God. It seems we as humans have had the tendency throughout the ages to stop worshipping the Creator, and start worshipping the creation. I believe that God will not bless you with things when he knows that your heart is not ready to act responsibly with those blessings. He was trying to tell me that 2 years ago, but I'm so hard headed I always have to learn the hard way. I have a tendency to fill my plate way to full with projects, and I need to learn to focus on the important ones. Otherwise I end up stressed out over all the stuff that is half done. I'd rather get one thing finished than have 10 things almost finished. Like the O.T. character Joseph, some bad things are happeing to me, but I believe God is preparing me to handle some bigger responsibilities. Joseph always had faith that during the dark times God had a purpose to mature and grow him, and in the end he became the second in command over all Egypt and was able to turn around and save the very brothers that sold him as a slave. I really gain inspiration from that whole story.

I really hope everything works out for you Tony. Family must always come first!!!

Back