Update.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went for my interview this morning with The Care of Trees people. I got there at five to 10, and wound up leaving a little bit after 12. I took the job at $12 per hour for starters and should be able to work my way up from there fairly easily. They want me out on a PHC rig for the first 3 months... should be fun :) After that I can go out and do some pruning / removals / etc. The guys said 10 - 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. Should make for a good amount of overtime. Thank you everyone for educating me.

Happy! Happy! Now ya know what MY schedule is like!
Sounds like you'll have the opportunity to learn quite a few aspects of the business. Make sure you ask LOTS of questions, and take in as much know-how as you can. :cool:

congradulations......

you made a great choice my friend!
get yourself a notebook and start a
journal. make sure to write in it every
day! you will use this book for the rest
of your career!!! it makes a great reference
point later on down the road. work hard and
kick some ass!!!!!!
good luck,
budroe:cool:

When you want to start bichin' about the long hours, think about how much money you aren't spending because you are working too much! You should be amazed by how much money you can save by simply working every day. I can easily blow $200 on a day off just by picking up some 'necessities' (that I don't really need).

Brian, I am glad to hear that Arborists Anonymous is finally paying off for you ;) It sounded a few months ago like you were on a downward spiral into buying the whole Sherrill warehouse. :p

Spencer, I have to keep a daily log anyways as a part of my internship.

Apparently I will also get to travel a LITTLE bit during the course of the summer. They were telling me today that every now and again they get jobs in PA, long island, Albany, etc where they put the crew up for a night or two in a hotel. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back