Upgrading my blower need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Shindawa 24cc 4-mix type hand held and its well made and no vibes, but seems heavy compared to the Stihls. I kinda do wished I had got the 34cc Shinny blower but didn't know about it when I got mine. The 34cc is supposed to be the most powerful hand held blower. I have a 29 year old Mac blower that still runs well.

Thanks,
I'm trying to find a local dealer. Redmax dealer locator isn't accurate for my area.
I have one place left to check.

I got my Poulan Pro BVM 200VS out and drained the old fuel and put fresh in.
She started right up and ran great.[emoji3]
So I can take my time looking for an upgrade.

I want to buy right this time, not buy something in a hurry.

I'd like to promote a Stihl product.

Anyone try the new BR 450C with electric start? It's extremely smooth and powerful. Tube length and handles are adjustable without tools.

Available at Stihl dealers everywhere, I think.

I doubt you'll find a better blower than this. It has a vertically split crankcase with a bolt on cylinder, just like a professional grade chainsaw. Something you won't find on most of the others.
I have had a Redmax 8000 since the model was released back around 2003. The thing has never missed a beat and was used commercially daily by employees for 6 years.
Redmax makes good stuff and they had strato charged engines figured out years before the chainsaw oems. A prime reason Husky bought them, and the reason Husky has better strato engines than Stihl.

i hate my bg86's.of course i got two with the infamous carb problems.i wish had gotten huskys or echos.

yeap same here with the one i use as a leaf vac.even rebuilt one carb and still no change.thinking of ordering chinese replacement carbs.

I'd like to promote a Stihl product.

Anyone try the new BR 450C with electric start? It's extremely smooth and powerful. Tube length and handles are adjustable without tools.

Available at Stihl dealers everywhere, I think.

The new blower is a pretty neat novelty, it is too heavy for me compared to the BR600 at the same price but I love the longer/shorter adjustable tube and the idea of being able to restart without taking it off after a customer wanders out to interrupt your workflow :)
Played with one this week, I think the adjustable tube length can mostly make up for the lower power it seems to have compared to the br600.
make it solar powered somehow with a tiny battery so it is featherweight :)
Dave

cannot get the carbs tuned right to save my life.idle is perfect on the main one i use.walk 20 ft,hit the trigger and the damn thing dies.restart,lather,rinse,repeat.
Sounds like my fs250, I rebuilt the dealer rebuilt it and it still won't return to idle correctly. I may get a cheap chinese copy instead of the expensive chinese Zama.

Sounds like my fs250, I rebuilt the dealer rebuilt it and it still won't return to idle correctly. I may get a cheap chinese copy instead of the expensive chinese Zama.
my fs250 only bogs until warmed up.i did install a cheap chinese carb on a friends fs120 a couple weeks ago to replace the gummed up non adjustable high.so far real damn good results.it was only $18 shipped from ebay.

The new blower is a pretty neat novelty, it is too heavy for me compared to the BR600 at the same price but I love the longer/shorter adjustable tube and the idea of being able to restart without taking it off after a customer wanders out to interrupt your workflow :)
Played with one this week, I think the adjustable tube length can mostly make up for the lower power it seems to have compared to the br600.
make it solar powered somehow with a tiny battery so it is featherweight :)
Dave

Specs say it weighs 25.3 lbs but it doesn't feel heavy at all for me. Maybe because of how it distributes the weight and how there's absolutely no vibration or resistive force when you hit the trigger, it feels lighter.

You can opt for the BR 450 without electric start, those weigh 23.4 lbs. $40 less than BR 600.

Back