Uprooted Leyland

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Mulherin

Reaction score
I have 3 , 16 year old Leyland Cypress's cluster together. During a recent storm with very high winds one of these has partially uprooted and leans forward at about a 15-20 degree angle. Can this be saved or will this ultimately die, again it 30 feet high and not easily maneuvered. Should I just take it down?

I have 3 , 16 year old Leyland Cypress's cluster together. During a recent storm with very high winds one of these has partially uprooted and leans forward at about a 15-20 degree angle. Can this be saved or will this ultimately die, again it 30 feet high and not easily maneuvered. Should I just take it down?

picture will help us determine but considering what you said it looks grim beyond salvage as large tie off stakes or other engineering attachments may just prolong the inevitable

I had this happen at a customers house last year. same trees, about the same age, cluster planted in corner of the lot

when the stumps came up we noticed the burlap and cage were still attached to the stump

:dumb2::dumb2:

the lawn guy tried to straighten them up but they wouldn't stay , too much top weight

Back