Upstate NY GTG 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..... Hmmmm, how about nothing with a plastic fuel tank? Cutting it off where anything I bring must have a metal fuel tank gives it a slight vintage feel. Got a lot of interesting saws that would fit in that group.

...... :)

I have seen some exemples that tell me 162-family heated saws had metal tanks as late as the early-mid 1990s (at least one being a 272xpg) - so they don't have to be that old! ;)

I plan on making the voyage. I plan on bringing prolly the 362, 441, 661, Deere 55EV, and also I mayyyy try to get my hands on the 056 MAG II. For those that don't know, I have a Stihl Dealership here in Central New Yawwwk. I plan on coming out to the gtg with some personal saws obviously but will probably truck out some new saws, (261/461/660's if left/and 661's) then an assortment of gasket kits, piston kits yada yada. Anybody have any requests? Input is appriciated... Except from Jeremy.
Thank you in advance!

Mark
where at are you located?

I have seen some exemples that tell me 162-family heated saws had metal tanks as late as the early-mid 1990s (at least one being a 272xpg) - so they don't have to be that old! ;)

Did the 162 ever come with a plastic tank? I have 2 non heated 162's and they both have metal tanks. Both saws are late 70's.

Did the 162 ever come with a plastic tank? I have 2 non heated 162's and they both have metal tanks. Both saws are late 70's.

I have never seen evidense of a 162 with a plastic tank - as far as I know, that model was discontinued as early as 1982 or so, and replaced with the 266. At about the same time they started making the Jonsereds 630 - which was based on the 162, as you surely know.

What I don't know, is if plastic or metal was about SE or SG (heated) from the outset with the 266, or if all early ones had metal tanks......:confused:

I am inclined to think all the early 266 saws had metal tanks though, as per the 1982 user manual, the weight difference between se and sg was only .15 kg = about .3 lbs. But then, specs aren't always correct...

Btw, does anyone see something odd with the attached 1982 manual? :lol:

Attachments

• 266se OM 1982.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
I plan on making the voyage. I plan on bringing prolly the 362, 441, 661, Deere 55EV, and also I mayyyy try to get my hands on the 056 MAG II. For those that don't know, I am a Stihl Dealership here in Central New Yawwwk. I plan on coming out to the gtg with some personal saws obviously but will probably truck out some new saws, (261/461/660's if left/and 661's) then an assortment of gasket kits, piston kits yada yada. Anybody have any requests? Input is appriciated... Except from Jeremy.
Thank you in advance!

Mark

Yeah, any NOS Husky stuff? :laugh:

The quality of that "silver" paint doesn't bother me at all, but I can't help wondering why they did it, and still is doing it?

They got the idea from me painting all those different Jonsered top covers silver. Wait til @Cantdog and @taplinhill see a silver top 2260. :dumb:

They got the idea from me painting all those different Jonsered top covers silver. Wait til @Cantdog and @taplinhill see a silver top 2260. :dumb:

If it was a WH I'd take one. I have no problem with "retro" themed modern machines. My modern snowmachine has a factory "retro" graphics option.

Latest posts

Back