Upstate NY GTG 2017 - Sunday April 23rd - Greenwich, NY (Albany)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave you bringing the 064?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nah, i dont think so this time at least not that one, really haven't decided yet
i need to fire up a couple saws and see what catches my eye
Dave

I've only recently have had a chance to run pro saws over the past few years. My father and I burn fire wood in our houses and he sells about 25 cord a year. He has the contacts and well I'm the labor. He is starting to listen to me a little. I'm almost 40 lol. He is 66. So he has had farm boss's a ms 250, ms 310. Got stolen. Bought same saw, recovered the other I took the recovered 310. Been a good saw for what we deal with. Lol my dad has money to buy what ever saw he wants but doesn't and he does not fix anything when it breaks. So about the same time I started getting on this site the MS 250 dies. Under his bench it goes. Home comes a Lowes bought small Husky. His 310 goes down. Home comes a Husky rancher from Lowes. I said really? Nothing against the saws but we cut enough wood for something better. I steel the ms 250 carb cleaning and new fuel line good to go. Lives with me now. His 310 converted to bigger piston and cylinder (390). Gave back to him. He likes that one a lot more now.

My friend wasn't using his husky 372 so he wanted me to run some gas through it and use it I said sure obviously. Real nice saw. this was the first pro saw I used. Had a big pine to cut down borrowed my buddies 660 dressed with a 32 inch bar. So now that we are "processing". More and more wood and I've caught the saw bug. I couldn't help but take a chance on a 660 kit saw with cross mmws top end. Used it couple weeks ago and the time that thing saves bucking up rounds is insane. My dad doesn't say too much even he was like holy sh*t. Lol. So I built a 660 kit BB and working on a kit 440 because it's fun. But I think I want one more oem stihl 70 cc to add soon. Just not sure which one.

Long story short it amazing what these more powerful saws can do and how quickly. Can't wait to see so many in one place.

Oh also got his homelite super XL going. [emoji23]

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to lead to raising the debt ceiling with my saw budget. As long as most of my saws are the same color and I don't keep them in the same spot, wife won't know how many. Right?

Yeah, your pretty much screwed if you show up...
You can ask me how I know when you see me...

Latest posts

Back