Upstate NY GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its that time again. Steve has asked me to get the ball rolling and start a thread. Depending upon the cooperation of mother nature the GTG dates have been in the past - 3/11 & 4/28. (These dates are for reference. This years date has not yet been determined)
We just need to schedule around mud season. The area in which we will be cutting can get pretty muddy. We couldn't have had a better day for a GTG than the one we had last year. Lets hope this year turns out to be the same!!
There is a small dilemma this year however........the source for BIG wood may not be able to help in that department this year. If any of you local guys know where to find some 36"+ chunks to chew on, please chime in. I'm sure Lee an many others would appreciate it. Steve has informed me that there is a load of 24'-0" logs due to arrive within the next couple weeks.

Here is Scott & Steves webpage.
http://www.fastcutting.com/

Here are some pics from last year:

Hi guys,Ive been floating around for quite some time now and Ive learned alot here.I want to go to your gathering this year.Where is it and when is it?

Been keeping a real low profile (Doctor's orders) since I had my chest split and my valve replaced on New Years Eve, but I can't think of any better way to re-enter the world of the living than at a Cutting Edge GTG. The last couple of years Scott and Steve have done an outstanding job and all of us who were lucky enough to attend had a great time. April would work better for me only because it would give me little more time to heal.

Been keeping a real low profile (Doctor's orders) since I had my chest split and my valve replaced on New Years Eve, but I can't think of any better way to re-enter the world of the living than at a Cutting Edge GTG. The last couple of years Scott and Steve have done an outstanding job and all of us who were lucky enough to attend had a great time. April would work better for me only because it would give me little more time to heal.

Really nice to see you post again - keep healing well! :D:cool:

Been wondering where you were- maybe you too were put on triple-secret-probation here? :rolleyes: Happy to hear the good news- may it continue. :clap: I'm planning on a visit there too, mainly to check out the PS-6100. Never been to the NY Greenwich.
Bring your 7900, and I'll give it the hand-job- chain-filing, of course.

Been wondering where you were- maybe you too were put on triple-secret-probation here? :rolleyes: Happy to hear the good news- may it continue. :clap: I'm planning on a visit there too, mainly to check out the PS-6100. Never been to the NY Greenwich.
Bring your 7900, and I'll give it the hand-job- chain-filing, of course.

Thanks my friend, and I will bring the Dolkita 7901.

Id like to go,its a 4hr trip from maine.And only 2 hrs out of my comfort zone. i can only bring a trunk load and mabey stuff a few in the backseat.

Just guessing right now but how does Sunday 4/6 or 4/13 work for everybody?

We are out of logs right now but they are on order.

Latest posts

Back