Used husky 371

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My buddy is selling a husky 371 , I cut with it today , starts easy and runs good except I thought it cut slow compared to my new 346xp on stuff up to 8-10'' , it did seem like it was running rich and was 4 cycling through the cut . Whats it worth if the compression is good .There pushing 750.00 for new 372's !!

My buddy is selling a husky 371 , I cut with it today , starts easy and runs good except I thought it cut slow compared to my new 346xp on stuff up to 8-10'' , it did seem like it was running rich and was 4 cycling through the cut . Whats it worth if the compression is good .There pushing 750.00 for new 372's !!

I use to have a 371. It's a fine saw is designed for much bigger would than the 346. I ran it alongside a 246 but wore that one out.

I could pick it up for around 300.00 , I realize its not in the same class as the 346 , 50cc compared to 70cc , I was just making a comparison as I figured a 371 with 3/8 chain and 5 hp would walk all over the 346 but I guess it would shine in big wood and leave the 346 in the dust .But to be fair it was running rich.Its not a cream puff , its cut quite a bit firewood , but taken good care of , plastic is fine just dull . He said if I wanted he could put a set of rings in it for an extra 50 bucks .

Last edited:
Well guys whats it worth ??? It would make a good buddy for my 346 !! I think I will check the compression just to see where I stand . Anyone no when these saws were discontinued , it could replace my old VI955 HOMIE !!

Well guys whats it worth ??? It would make a good buddy for my 346 !! I think I will check the compression just to see where I stand . Anyone no when these saws were discontinued , it could replace my old VI955 HOMIE !!

I bought a mint one a few years back for $400 Canadian. Damaged it pretty bad first day I used it, not mint anymore. Ran it for a couple of more years, hard, many times. The base gasket went and I had a big bore kit put in, it lives again, loud and proud. If the compression is good-$300.

I could pick it up for around 300.00 , I realize its not in the same class as the 346 , 50cc compared to 70cc , I was just making a comparison as I figured a 371 with 3/8 chain and 5 hp would walk all over the 346 but I guess it would shine in big wood and leave the 346 in the dust .But to be fair it was running rich.Its not a cream puff , its cut quite a bit firewood , but taken good care of , plastic is fine just dull . He said if I wanted he could put a set of rings in it for an extra 50 bucks .

Sure it will, but it is 1998 or older - at least make sure it will run right before you buy it - if right it should be a "cream puff", not a halv-dud.

Latest posts

Back