USPS problems with Canada?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got back from dropping off my mail, and there was a customer ahead of me fussing because a car part he shipped to Canada was refused at the border, as the handwriting on the customs form was "illegible".
The USPS man at our post office said that they have had several problems with stuff going to Canada,
and also that neither country will any longer accept each other's money orders.
Just thought that I would let you guys know about it.
I stopped shipping anything out of the U.S. several years back, so it doesn't really affect me much.

I'm waiting on a paypal "e-check" from north of the border to clear. Sender says his bank released the funds two days ago. I hope it's just the usual paypal dragging their feet while earning interest BS.

We've had trouble with cross border stuff for work too.
Not trying to get political, but Canada doesn't like the fact that our President doesn't kiss Canadian a$$. So they (Canada) are making it harder for any person/business/whatever in the USA to do anything cross border into Canada. I can't imagine any scenario where these actions benefit Canada in the end.

#MAGA

I'm waiting on a paypal "e-check" from north of the border to clear. Sender says his bank released the funds two days ago. I hope it's just the usually paypal dragging their feet while earning interest BS.
Drives me nuts....they do that to me occasionally. I can send immediate pay from my checking some times and other times it takes a week. So I often have to pay to send via debit card.

Drives me nuts....they do that to me occasionally. I can send immediate pay from my checking some times and other times it takes a week. So I often have to pay to send via debit card.
Honestly my only fear is the buyer getting nervous. Doing business over the net is scary enough. I do my best to move as quickly as possible on sending things or paying for them. Delays like this are not my style.

Honestly my only fear is the buyer getting nervous. Doing business over the net is scary enough. I do my best to move as quickly as possible on sending things or paying for them. Delays like this are not my style.
Send him a screenshot of your side showing it hasn't cleared yet.

If I had recieved or sent a dozen "e-checks" and knew what to expect it would feel completely different. This is a first for me. The buyer's being super cool though, but the fact that shady sellers are out there is not lost on me.

If I had recieved or sent a dozen "e-checks" and knew what to expect it would feel completely different. This is a first for me. The buyer's being super cool though, but the fact that shady sellers are out there is not lost on me.
My first e-check bounced....some dude from California was trying to buy some $1200 aluminum heads for small block ford. He was pushy to get them shipped right away and I said no. He disappeared when I got the reject notice. Never had another issue after that.

My first e-check bounced....some dude from California was trying to buy some $1200 aluminum heads for small block ford. He was pushy to get them shipped right away and I said no. He disappeared when I got the reject notice. Never had another issue after that.
That sucks that we have to be like that.

It takes a long time for electricity/radio waves and whatever other invented stall-tactic hoopla to clear the border:

Like 10 working days for a Canadian bank to set up account customer access in one of its own American branches. This after the money has been taken from my wife and cosmically deposited in the branch in the states. That happened instantly. Gone! But no ability for my wife to access those funds for 10 working days. She was going to be back in Canada before that. We couldn't believe it! WTF just happened? Bankers. Smile pleasantly and steal.

Just got back from dropping off my mail, and there was a customer ahead of me fussing because a car part he shipped to Canada was refused at the border, as the handwriting on the customs form was "illegible".
The USPS man at our post office said that they have had several problems with stuff going to Canada,
and also that neither country will any longer accept each other's money orders.
Just thought that I would let you guys know about it.
I stopped shipping anything out of the U.S. several years back, so it doesn't really affect me much.

It is possible that the customs form was illegible. Quite.

It takes a long time for electricity/radio waves and whatever other invented stall-tactic hoopla to clear the border:

Like 10 working days for a Canadian bank to set up account customer access in one of its own American branches. This after the money has been taken from my wife and cosmically deposited in the branch in the states. That happened instantly. Gone! But no ability for my wife to access those funds for 10 working days. She was going to be back in Canada before that. We couldn't believe it! WTF just happened? Bankers. Smile pleasantly and steal.
Checks these days clear at approximately 1 AM the day after they are deposited. The receiving bank knows by 10 AM if the $ are good or not.

The random, excessive hold times are simply a tactic for them to make money off your money.

Had a Moneygram once, and my bank is a Moneygram outlet, and they still would not honor it. I had to cash it as a check, and luckily it cleared. That was the last time.

I do not take any checks or money orders, except USPS, as the bank charges me like $35 as well, if they bounce.
On that note, do not ever use a USPS money order for anything other than a small purchase.

I sent a $900 MO that was lost for several days. PO will not void/cancel a lost MO (even if the envelope tracking shows it was lost) for SIX months.... Luckily the envelope showed up to the recipient a few days later.

Latest posts

Back