Usps sucks!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Sapce on this one - first time for everything!!!

The point I am making has nothing to do with the service people in question. When was the last time YOU were grateful for something or focused on something positive? This world is filled with things to be negative if we look for them. On the flip side, it's filled with many more pleasant things whether or not we're willing to concentrate on them.

The choice is yours--either way the sun will still come up and go down, people will still do business, and life will go on. We have a finite amount of time on this earth--what are you spending your time thinking about?

That's what TIPS are for? That's ridiculous. Space is right on this one. There's no problem with complaining when service is poor, but how about some acknowledgement for USPS, your saw dealer, your bank, even your government when something is done exceeding your expectations. Tips are fine in an appropriate setting, but a simple "Thank you - nice job" is free and oftentimes, is much more effective. BTW, I have nothing but repsect for USPS for the sheer volume they handle and get right almost ALL the time. No I don't work for USPS.

Last edited:
I now have a great rural USPS mail carrier. She always put my packages in my shop whether I'm home or not, rain or shine. She knows where my hidden key is to the shop. I trust her completely. She never complains when she has to pick up sometimes as many as 15 packages I needed shipped. My 3 black labs loves her even more, she brings them doggie treats everyday. If I wasn't already married I would be hitting on her. She's a dam fine looking women. I hope she never gets relocated from this route. The one I had before her was not good. He would leave a 500.00$ piece of merchandise I had ordered at my mail box at the end of my drive 100 yards from my house in the middle of no where for anybody to pick up. I think he was afraid of my dogs.

As far as I'm concerned the post office can turn their entire operation sideways and stick it directly up their candy a$$'s!

I ship fedex and fedex only! I have a 24hour terminal about 20 minutes from me and their service is excellent costs me less the the comparable service at the post office.

We spent around $18,000 last year in shipping costs. We only use USPS for media mail, and packages headed outside CONNUS.

They are less expensive for small items with their one price Priority Mail boxes, however, they will loose one shipment in ten, which is unacceptable.

They are fine for envelopes and small items, but NEVER use them for large items, valuables, heavy stuff, etc. They will either loose it or break it, and getting any money out of them, well, let's just say, their insurance is USELESS!......Cliff

All shippers will break stuff if its not properly packed, pack the items properly and pay a couple of bucks extra to ship it, add a little extra insurance to cover losing the item and you would not be on here griping.

Serious question for those of you starting threads like this--when was the last time you started a thread praising an excellent service you've received? When was the last time you paid someone a compliment?

I thought you left?

I ship a lot of saws USPS. If you ask them when you ship when it will arrive they will tell you. Lot of difference between parcel post and priority. You get what you or the buyer pay for.

I agree. And there you have it.

I ship between 300-500 packages per year with USPS, some up to 50 lbs (love those flat rate boxes:)). Priority and Express mail. Priority is very quick and Express is overnight. They do a very good job for me.

I will not use Fedex or UPS, based on past experiences...

If something HAS to get there, it goes UPS or FedEx. The wonderful postal service has lost valuable stuff for me. What most people don't realize is that they will not pay on their insurance unless you have original receipts. They don't bother to tell you that when they sell it to you.

The postal service is lame and the top dog still gets huge bonuses. What's wrong with this picture?:angry:

All the carriers screw up occasionally. I used UPS to send a saw and bar to RiverRatII. Somewhere between California and Texas the bar took a left turn and wound up in Ohio.

UPS discovered the mistake, made good on it and did the best they could to get the bar down to Texas where it was supposed to be.

Did they screw up? Yes. Did they make every effort to fix the problem? Yes they did. Screw up or no, I'd use them again.

I shipped some aircraft parts USPS to Arizona two years ago. They never arrived. The USPS was less than helpful, shuffled me from one person to another, gave me contradictory advice and instructions, and just generally blew the whole thing off. I even had one guy tell me..."well, they weren't very expensive parts anyway, were they?" No, they weren't but that's not the point. I'll never spend a dime with them again.

The point I am making has nothing to do with the service people in question. When was the last time YOU were grateful for something or focused on something positive? This world is filled with things to be negative if we look for them. On the flip side, it's filled with many more pleasant things whether or not we're willing to concentrate on them.

The choice is yours--either way the sun will still come up and go down, people will still do business, and life will go on. We have a finite amount of time on this earth--what are you spending your time thinking about?

I was grateful to sleep in peace last night. I was thankful for my breakfast. I do thank those service people, if you read the post.

Compliments can be very hollow. I'm glad you are back.

I was grateful and said thanks when you left.

We have a lot of trouble with the USPS in our area. Anything that looks like a card stands a 50% shot of not arriving. The postmaster said they tend to get stolen in transit because they often have gift cards in them. So I guess I am expected to buy the USPS workers extra gifts that they can just help themselves to.

We routinely get our neighbor's mail and they get ours, or I find it in the spring in a soggy mess on the side of the road when the last of the snow melts. Love finding those old envelopes that say "time senstive materials, open immediately" in the mud from last fall. The postmaster said it happens all the time, there is a form somewhere you can fill out to file a complaint but it takes a while to get looked at and they usually need several complaints to actually do anything, like give a verbal warning. So they have a form "somewhere" that will probably get lost or ignored and chances are they won't do anything more than a verbal warning, if that, even if they do read it. It's their job to manage their employees, not mine, they should fill out the stupid form.

People make mistakes, I understand that and I make my share of them, that's for sure. I am thankful for all of the good things the good Lord has blessed me with but c'mon, if the rest of us performed like the USPS we'd be fired within a week. And yes, we give our carrier little gifts like homemade cookies, candies, etc.

I see what Spacemule is saying (great avatar by the way, I have the t-shirt) and yeah, it's great to focus on the positive but when you pay for a service the expectation is that you get that service performed in a reasonably accurate and timley manner. I don't think tips or bonuses are deserved for simply doing your job except for things like waiting tables where they depend on those tips and then I tip generously unless the service was really bad. I don't get a raise or a bonus unless I outperform expectations every year. Why Congress always votes themselves raises is beyond me, they have no shame.

UPS has never lost anything on me but they sometimes don't live up to their delivery dates and they must play soccer in the warehouse with my packages, then use them for wheel chocks when they park the truck on a hill because the boxes are a disaster most of the time.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Not sure if it's been posted or not...BUT

HAVE you guys seen Ace Ventura Pet Detective?? Ifv you haven't, check out the delivery clip on you tube.

BOTTTOM LINE. It happens. I have a buddy th at works for fed ex.... he says they USED TO TEST 'fragile' boxes for packing durability

USPS brings me stuff I don't want everyday! Overall they do a good job. Cept for that box of 028 parts, right J! lol

I have no problems with our letter carriers. Ours delivered our mail today at the usual time. But, no bar and chain. Still soaking in Kansas City, Ks sort facility.

Maybe tomorrow.

Edit:
Processed through Sort Facility, 2011-04-13, 22:17:00, KANSAS CITY, KS, 66106
Processed through Sort Facility, 2011-04-10, 21:30:00, KANSAS CITY, KS, 66106
Acceptance, 2011-04-06, 11:19:00, SHADY GROVE, PA, 17256
Electronic Shipping Info Received, 2011-04-05, 00:00:00

Sat too long, have to process it again?

Note: If you buy anthing from dirtydeedsdonecheap, look into alternate shipping other than USPS.

Last edited:
Serious question for those of you starting threads like this--when was the last time you started a thread praising an excellent service you've received? When was the last time you paid someone a compliment?

Not going to start a thread about it ,but in the last month I have ordered 3 items that were shipped from Kan, Mo and Tenn. The items all arrived in 2-3 days , I was impressed! There is the murphy's law thing though that I really didn't care if it took a couple of weeks to get here. I'm sure if I had wanted them in two days they would of taken two weeks.lol

anything that usps supposedly looses will end up in atlanta ga to be auctioned off and they keep the money.. sorry but the usps is typical government,,, thieves

Latest posts

Back