Value of Makita chop saw (seized)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
So I was at an estate sale today that had a lot of tools and equipment and was hoping to score some chainsaws. I passed on a Stihl 024 that had a scored piston (easy to tell because the muffler was missing) Figured the $100 price was about 3 times what I would have given for it needing engine work and parts.

I also passed on a Makita chop saw. Don't remember the exact model number but the thing was locked up so tight the rope did nothing. At $50, I left it sit there (no blade on it).
On the way home, I got to thinking that maybe $50 wouldn't have been that bad of a deal since the saw didn't seem to be physically damaged (like many typically are)
Anyway, I don't need a cut off saw, don't need another project, and the sale was about 35 miles from here so I'm not too tempted to go back. But I'm wondering, did I do the right thing?

I did grab a Stihl 25" 33RSC chain that was new in the package for $10 and a box of 3" wire collated Bostitch framing nails (unopened box) for $15.00 and last but not least, a full bottle of Marvel mystery air tool oil for a buck. There was a ton of stuff there but I just wasn't that interested in it. There was a 50 ton hydraulic short bottle jack which I could probably use but didn't feel like carrying it to the van. lol.

IIMO $50 shot in the dark.. Sure why not but Ive only got about 6-10 project saws No where near your filing cabinet room full o' stuff. Not that I am pointing a finger but WTF!!! Really $50 if reasonably complete it was worth it I think carcess, coil, arm, recoil, tank/handle $10-$15 ea I don't think you would have lost.. But is that really a good way to measure IDK Im an addict too.

if it was the DPC-7301 i woulda gave ya $75 plus shipping, im a little crazy for demo saws, ive got 4 7301s myself and they make an
80cc big bore kit for em (if you are speaking of concrete handheld saw that is)

If it was a 14" saw then it should have come home with you.Most of them take the same piston as a 7300 and are worth around $300-450 depending on condition. AM P&C are affordable and plentiful. Very well built saw but a bit big and bulky

Hell yeah, including the possibility of the big bore kits. Ive order 2 and if all goes as planned (because ive never heard of the BB kit) they'll rip. I got 2 recently for free, one fires and works great and the other makes alot of noise down inside the jug. I guess i should have ordered one kit to start but i go all in. Ive got two other runners so not a total loss tho. Not sure why but i prefer my ugly as **** Partner cause it fires dverytime and will chew up anything, including my steel toes and the hair off the top of my toes. What a close call that was!! Anyone weld steel toes here??

Thank man, money iskinda tight at the moment, hence servicing and rebuilding chain and demo saws. Out on temp disability due to a seizure as a result of a TBI. Still waiting on disability also but i got sone things up for sale that i havent been using so if the price is right, id def be interested!

I took it in on trade for labor. It ran for about 10 seconds two summers ago.
It's missing the fan cover.
Other than that it appears to be a decent machine. I'm sure it will require the basic fuel system overhaul.
I was going to convert it to an 076/075, but haven't had any time. On the shelf it sits.
Probably cost $50 to ship, that being said, make me a reasonable offer.
Damn thing is HEAVY.

Let me see what i can dig up. I'd hate to offend you with a crappy offer though, i dont have much cash to spare at the moment. I do have a bunch of saws lined up for full service for a buddy so let me see what that nets. Im always on here on my celly and dont see an option for private messaging. Is that even an option or would i have to log in on a laptop to do so?

I had a couple of them that I sold to a banned member back in 2013, not sure what he ever did with them.

MakitaDCP7321_zpsfac8430f.jpg

Back