Vermeer 352 Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did those gearboxes cost?? I demoed a 352 before I bought my machine - the sales guy from Vermeer told me he no idea about the gear box cost when I asked - I guess he knew it would frighten me. I wonder if you could buy the electric clutch from Rayco and save any money - seems like they were about $300 for my old 1625.

The gear boxes were warrantied , the clutches on the other hand were not and that was about 800.00 for that

I own a professional stump removal company in Missouri. I purchased a new Vermeer SC352 diesel that is now 2 years old and 600 hours. During that time I have had to invest over $4,000 in repairs for driveline, motor mounts, and electrical problems. I am not at all satisified with this piece of equipment and was wondering if there were other 352 owners with similiar trouble?

i bought a 352 new in 2005 and in 2006 it had a recall the replace the engine mount with a rubber mounted engine bracket free of charge what year is yours I have since traded it in on a new sc852

Double maintenance

I have 1200 hours on mine and one motor mount is the only thing that I have replaced. Runs sharp teeth always and change fluids double manufacturer recommendations. Got to increase the price a little on the bids, but most customers understand. If it's rocky, add at least your cutters into the bid right off the bat. Bought my sc50tx used with 700 hrs and had to go through and fix over $10,000 worth of stuff and now it is on a good maintenance schedule and hopefully will go awhile with no big ticket repairs.

<a href="http://www.stumpremovalspokane.com">www.stumpremovalspokane.com</a>

Back