Vermeer SC60TX Stump Grinder (Hydraulic Problem)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny2289

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new to the site and trying to find a little help with a problem Im having with this stump grinder. The problem is hydraulic and the only thing that is being affected is the head of the machine. The boom of the machine (piece with the grinding wheel) moves up slowly but when lowing the wheel the machine wants to rapidly drop it down to the ground. The cylinder is brand new and i have checked all solenoids and lines for restriction and can not find the cause for this problem. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with this.

Danny

Not sure exactly but here are some thoughts. Did you replace it with a cylinder from Vermeer or another type. If you have the old one check to see if there is a restrictor on the cylinder or could have a restrictor come off and was not replaced when you re plumbed the new cylinder.

Also what was the reason for replacing the cylinder did it come apart and send metal filings etc through the system? If that is the case then the valve may have contaminates causing erratic flows. Is the up motion working like its supposed to and just the down motion is too fast? If that is the case I would think a flow restrictor may be missing.

we replaced the cylinder because it was leaking, we replaced it with a new one from vermeer. The up motion works just fine, just goin down its way to fast. I dont know what else to do

hydro problem

we replaced the cylinder because it was leaking, we replaced it with a new one from vermeer. The up motion works just fine, just goin down its way to fast. I dont know what else to do

Have you contacted Vermeer about it. Just because the cylinder came from them doesn't mean it's not defective. Could be a one way cylinder or there might be a bad packing inside. Just a guess.....

Back