Vice grip chain breaker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdustmaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a carbide chain i need some links cut out of where it is missing teeth. My dealer does not have a breaker/spinner there is another dealer that does have one but he is farther away. if he is going to charge like $10 to fix the chain... am i better off putting the money toward a breaker/spinner and buying a roll for my other chains.

will this vise grip breaker spinner do the job, or should i just keep buying loops and find a dealer that can fix my chain.

If you use enough chain to warrant buying a 100' spool, then yes I'd say you should get a breaker & spinner. If not then $10 could be chalked up as a necessary evil. Personally I think that's pretty high, but if you only use a few chains a year you could just grin and bare it.

The "Break & Mend" (vice grip style) tool is ok to take to the woods for an ocasional emergency repair, but I wouldn't want to depend on one as my only breaker & spinner.

Andy

PM me I have a vice grip style breaker you are more than welcome to fore the price of shipping. It is missing a nut on the spinner but seems to be all there otherwise. I have never used it, Got it in a box of junk at an auction. I was just going to throw it in the trash.

Back