Video of new bobcat skidding logs, etc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaperman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Video of new bobcat skidding logs, etc
I finally was able to make a video and get it posted on youtube. Of coarse, my video camera has some weird file extension that youtube wont recognize. So after converting, compressing, etc I was able to get it posted.

I took the video last weekend in my creek bottom area where I skidded many blown over ash trees this winter. I recently traded my old bobcat for a newer one. So last weekend was the first time I using my new machine to get some trees out. I didnt have a camera operator so I did my best to take a video solo.

http://youtu.be/bSNHl4J6QMY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bSNHl4J6QMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Jealous

Cool video, thanks for posting. I've gotta get a Bobcat. Just train that St. Bernard to operate the camera and you'll be in business. Really nice property, too. Looks like you're set for the foreseeable future firewood-wise.

congrats on the new bobcat now you need a new grapple bucket . I just got one for christmas and I love it .

I got dizzy watching the first five minutes.

A grapple will add years of life to your drivetrain, and make getting the logs much easier. No mud or snow fround intot he bark to dull your chains...

I love my SS! After using my grapple, watching you work is tiring ...your production will double /triple easily. You have a nice clean 753 there....I enjoyed the video thanks for posting it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I notice how everyone loves a grapple. I have used one at work quite a bit. But you need to have room to carry logs sideways. In the woods thats not always so easy. The beauty of a skid loader is the ability to weave between the trees.

I notice how everyone loves a grapple. I have used one at work quite a bit. But you need to have room to carry logs sideways. In the woods thats not always so easy. The beauty of a skid loader is the ability to weave between the trees.
About 80% of the time I can grab on the end of the log and drag it like it was chained ....I have a quick attach root grapple ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

A couple of cuts and he has the same log in the grapple.

I own hammock land, and know the meaning of "thick with trees".

A grapple goes a log way to cutting alone, and no pinched bars.

A grapple would be a good tool. I lift up the logs so I don't have to cut them on the ground.

That looks like quite a serious grapple you have there :)

I suspect that different people are talking about totally different types of grapples here.

Ken

That looks like quite a serious grapple you have there :)

I suspect that different people are talking about totally different types of grapples here.

Ken
I think most of us are talking about a different grapple but it non the less is a grapple and a nice one at that pluse he can load his logs in a nice warm seat .

Back