Video of the New Dolmar PS-420 Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PS350 & PS420 are PRO QUALITY SAW with magnesium crankcases and a bolt on cylinder. No plastic engine case or crankcase it is a full feature saw nothing wrong with its quality. EVERYONE that has run or bought the PS420 has been very impressed....

I dont know that any of my customers that come in carrying a kwf? or dlg? report????????? They are all looking for a quality easy to start and operate saw for a reasonable price!

Scott

Do you have any wimpy Norwegians come in looking at saws???

Seems there sensitive ............

I just found a video of the new PS-420 that is due in later this winter/early spring.

Steve

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhXMzJxP1-w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhXMzJxP1-w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Don't want to compare to much but that looks about as fast as my Stihl MS180.

But of course it doesn't have its quality aspects.

7sleeper

Nothing wrong with a quality 42cc saw for the homeowner/firewood cutter, even if it is a hair heavier than it "needs" to be. I figure we should look at it kinda like the Homelite SEZ of the new millennium.

So, is there going to be a 4200s? That might be of some interest...

Last edited:
Are you getting these with the .325 pitch chain? I heard that is not an option at this point and they were all coming with the LP 3/8.

Are you getting these with the .325 pitch chain? I heard that is not an option at this point and they were all coming with the LP 3/8.

They are coming through with 3/8 Lo Pro but they can be switched to .325 with a clutch drum change. They take the same drum as a PS460-510 (spur) or PS5100s (Rim).

Looks like a nice machine but I just cannot get excited about a saw with a primer bulb.
I guess I'll keep my 401.
Mike

The primer is there for an easier cold start.

Nothing wrong with a primer, quite the contrary......:)

Your 346NE has one just like my 2153.

Steve

looking at the video.... I can only think...

...give the poor thing a decent chain...

... and double its value instantly!

:cheers:

Oh ya....Its ok because the NE and 53 both have it......:) :)

My "old" 353 doesn't have it, and it seems to make a differense when the saw have been sitting for a while.

Your 346NE has one just like my 2153.

Steve

Yes, sure it does.

I believe that the smaller the carb, the more differense it makes.

My 339xp and my FS200 has it as well, and I like it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back