view from the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrrrrrr Big John is ready to play !
KIMG2735.JPG

The view from the tractor cab when the plow is 68" in the ground going through a little hill. Big John's turbo was singing a sweet song through here !
KIMG2738.JPG

We typically install the drain tile 36-42" deep depending on how far we space them and what the soil is like down below.
KIMG2740.JPG

What it looks like in the beginning of the run. The tile slides down that black box on the back of the plow. Drain tile prevents erosion and runoff as it drains subsurface water so the soil above is not saturated. When the soil is not saturated and it rains the water can soak in and go to work. Think of pouring water on a dry sponge vs a wet one. The dry one will absorb while the already wet one will not absorb any more.
KIMG2742.JPG

We tiled out some grass today that is usually too wet to get in other than in real dry years ..... Like this year. This tile will turn this into a productive field every year vs only on dry years. Super pumped for that !
KIMG2745.JPG

View attachment 1128547Milo. Corn. Rebuild baler All new belts and everything on the pickup. 640 new holland w net
I remember running the first bales through my NH 855 after the new pickup. I also remember putting another new pickup in it later. I still have the good one it had and the monitor when the rest of the baler went to scrap.

I always like them flat fields in DE when we drive through there on 404. Dang deer ate most of my late beans.
They hurt me pretty bad too. They’ve gotten out of hand. I don’t mind feeding a few deer but when they eat acre upon acre it gets old pretty fast.

I’m definitely a flatland farmer. The few minor hills that are here would never give any trouble but when the combine leans it freaks me out. Don’t know how you guys deal with those hills

They hurt me pretty bad too. They’ve gotten out of hand. I don’t mind feeding a few deer but when they eat acre upon acre it gets old pretty fast.

I’m definitely a flatland farmer. The few minor hills that are here would never give any trouble but when the combine leans it freaks me out. Don’t know how you guys deal with those hills
In our country, on flat terrain, there is a combine harvester on tracks because it is sometimes too wet, and in extreme hills, there is one that lifts the rear of the combine.

I'm pretty flat so not to bad. I don't plant many beans or much field corn. Mostly produce. I had patches of sweet corn I didn't pick any from. All posted ground near me and all they want to shoot is big bucks, no does.

I'm pretty flat so not to bad. I don't plant many beans or much field corn. Mostly produce. I had patches of sweet corn I didn't pick any from. All posted ground near me and all they want to shoot is big bucks, no does.
There’s a few around here that hunt for meat but mostly the same. At the rate they multiply hunting alone can’t keep up

In our country, on flat terrain, there is a combine harvester on tracks because it is sometimes too wet, and in extreme hills, there is one that lifts the rear of the combine.

I’ve got some pictures in here of my harvester stuck pretty bad. It can and does occasionally get pretty wet here. We try to get across those acres as soon as possible. Few tracked machines here also. Deere used to make some hillside machines also but I don’t know a lot about them as it’s flat here. Never seen one in person but they made the “side hill” model for years. Maybe they still do?

I’ve got some pictures in here of my harvester stuck pretty bad. It can and does occasionally get pretty wet here. We try to get across those acres as soon as possible. Few tracked machines here also. Deere used to make some hillside machines also but I don’t know a lot about them as it’s flat here. Never seen one in person but they made the “side hill” model for years. Maybe they still do?
How do you get stuck in sand? :laugh:

How do you get stuck in sand? :laugh:
Well I’ve been stuck in sand also lol. Sometimes it gets wet wet wet here. Sand really won’t hold you when it gets like that.

That ground there is something different though. Real loamy. When it gets wet you don’t spin. Just fall through. If I remember I’ll post a picture of the bine stuck. I don’t think there’s even mud on the front tire. Just ride along and feels like you fell in a hole 😂

The yellow you see in the video is where the sprayer stayed away from that slope 😂. We been stuck there before 😂. Think it rained 3” that night and drowned every bean I tried to plant in there. Hindsight lol

Made a new machine out of her
I cussed the 855 but after running it enough years I got to know all the tricks. It was slow because the twine arms would screw up some. I gave up running it in auto tie function and just tied manually. That made it slow but better. I wanted a wrapper so I bought a single bale, 3pt one. Yes it was labor intensive but damn would it wrap a bale. To make it real efficient you need 3-4 people. One in the cab on the wrapping tractor, one bringing bales to you, and 1 or 2 on the ground running the wrap controls and slicing the roll. I heard all the BS about how the hay would rot and freeze. Yes it will if you do not do it correctly. Whether it was luck, skill, or a bit of both, the bales we made came up darn near perfect.

There’s a few around here that hunt for meat but mostly the same. At the rate they multiply hunting alone can’t keep up
In Illinois we have a split season that is only 7 days. I opened yesterday (Friday Nov 17) and closes tomorrow. It will re-open the Thursday after Thanksgiving and run for 4 days. Since the beginning we were limited to shotguns. A few years ago they allowed you to also hunt with a pistol. Now with the advancements in slug technology they have decided this year to allow single shot, smooth wall rifles to be used. I cannot speak to their train of thought but I suspect they figured the slugs were carrying such a distance what was the harm in trying a single shot rifle.

Latest posts

Back