Vintage 125C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Dennis, great friends to have and great scores! My son lives in Chico, he'd be more than happy to do a meet & greet/score next time you are out partying it up! :blob2: I'm only a couple hours away and could easily run up there to relieve you or your friends of any excess magnesium!!

When I think back of all the 91 and 101 engines and blocks I had access to as a kid, I wish I had kept some of them. But alas - my kart, engine and spares were all stolen so the rest of it went away over time. But it sure left a soft spot in my heart for that "Ol' Mac" sound!:rock:

Did some cleaning and replaced the bottom handle. Was broken right on the end. Pulled the carb and went completly through it. Pulled every needle out just to check things. Blew out the whole carb, although it was very clean. Got rid of the old gas with fresh gas and started it up. Man! I'm glad I don't have to start these beasts anymore for a living. My hand is sore from yanking it over a few times. It popped back once or twice and the starter handle wacked my fingernail and made it black. No compression release. Richened it up slightly, mostly on the low speed. It came from 4500' and I'm at 300' so it needed to be richened up. All in all, this saw is in great shape, but I'm sure glad I don't have to cut timber with it anymore. Plan is now to put a 36, or 42 on it, with a new 404 chain, take some pictures and video, then possibly put in on Ebay. We'll see.

005-12.jpg

Went to a retirement party Sat. and ran into an old faller friend. Been meaning for years to ask him if he still had any of his old 125 McCulloch's. To my surprise he said yeah, come over in the morning and he would give me one. So I showed up Sunday morning and he pulled out a 125 from the attic in his garage. He had 2, but he said he wanted to keep 1 and the bar and chain off the one he was giving me. No problem! So I helped him pull off the bar and chain and he stated it had a 101B in it......Hahahahahaha Kool! Anyway, I packed it up and brought it home, poured a little gas in the carb and gave it 2 pulls and Bammmmmm!.....it started.........All's it needs now is a 42" bar and chain........OH YEAH!....Hahahahahahaha!

001-23.jpg

002-26.jpg

003-22.jpg

004-15.jpg

Holy **** - Nice score! Geez - I need new friends. ha!

Latest posts

Back