Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like your really getting started if you had to borrow needle nose. Invest in some hemostats there awesome for fuel lines get the ones that lock together when you squeeze em

I saw someone that was using Hemostats on YouTube, that would be a wise purchase. And I borrowed a pair of needle nose because I miss placed my second pair and my main pair are in my truck box and my truck is in the shop getting repaired. So I was hard up lol

Are the Late 60's McCulloch 1-X series saws good saws?
I'd like to think so, they are the removable head kart motor engines, which is cool, and if I remember correctly the 1-8X series are gear drive which is also cool.
ADLM

Also, a lot of the McCulloch I see on the eBay run quite a bit more than most other saws except for maybe vintage Pioneer saws

I really like the way they look
They dont all look the same, some are front tank design and some are top tank, I must say I really prefer the top tank ones as far as looks go, I have a 1-42 front tank and it's kinda ugly hahaha

I think only the 1-40, 41,42/50 etc./60etc./70 etc./80 etc. had the removable head.

Very little visual difference between the 1-40/50 Series and the later 200/300/450/550 appearance other than some different AF covers.

Keep watching E-bay, not many of those saws listed for high dollars actually get sold.

Mark

Sweet, I just found an Super XL-925 for sale on eBay for $155 and the shipping was the cheapest I've seen at $30. I don't know if it's a good price or not but it was within a few dollars of the other 925's. It also came with a bar and chain. It said it runs strong, but it leans in and out on its own sometimes so he said there may be an air leak in a gasket somewhere. I figured it would be a good saw to play with for awhile.
Here's 12 pages of NOS parts for the XL-925

http://www.leonschainsawpartsandrep...L-700_to_XL-925,_VI-944,_VI-955_Chainsaw.html

Speaking of nos parts I just listed some nos stuff for the 100 300 and 600 series mac stuff on ebay, stuff I can't use.
ADLM

I got the green one for free and it ran, i gave 25 for the dayton which is about half what its worth bc its in super nice shape. I would price em about like super xls bc there so close. I wouldnt want to pay more than 40 for one if condition is unknown if its been gone through and runs well you could give more personally i wouldnt give more than 75 unless you just have to have it

10-4 the one I was looking at looks to be in really nice shape, but it needs to be tore down and gone through. They said it runs on fuel directly in the carb but needs a thorough going over and it doesn't come with a bar or chain, but they are trying to make money off of it buy marking it at $150, so I wanted to know what the most I should pay for one is. It has the option to make an offer.

I was really wanting to get an old green Poulan but there just aren't many of them right now and the ones they have up are marked way up like that.

Back