Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I need to find me some auctions or estate sales. Something lol. But I can't go all out right now because I just had to buy new tires for the truck and put a new windshield in it.

So how big does a saw have to be before you consider it a "muscle saw" would a Super XL 925 count?

Sweet, I just found an Super XL-925 for sale on eBay for $155 and the shipping was the cheapest I've seen at $30. I don't know if it's a good price or not but it was within a few dollars of the other 925's. It also came with a bar and chain. It said it runs strong, but it leans in and out on its own sometimes so he said there may be an air leak in a gasket somewhere. I figured it would be a good saw to play with for awhile.

Sweet, I just found an Super XL-925 for sale on eBay for $155 and the shipping was the cheapest I've seen at $30. I don't know if it's a good price or not but it was within a few dollars of the other 925's. It also came with a bar and chain. It said it runs strong, but it leans in and out on its own sometimes so he said there may be an air leak in a gasket somewhere. I figured it would be a good saw to play with for awhile.
I would try to do some searching for gaskets and crank seals first, they may be hard to find.
ADLM

See if hell take a pic of the piston to be sure theres no scoring. They are strongnsaws i gotta super xl 923 that runs a 36" bar

Well I kinda already bought it lol, but I guess that's one of my faults, I get excited and pull the trigger on stuff too fast. But it does say he accepts returns so that's a plus I guess lol.

There is a crank seal on eBay for $14 that says its for SXLAO XL-12, 925, 410, 360

Is that the right one?
Very possible, what you need to do is go to the beg for manuals sticky thread and post that you are looking for a illustrated parts list for a 925 and then look in the manual and see if that part number is the same in the manual as the one on ebay. Or at least see if it crosses.
ADLM

Yep it's the same, I found a website awhile back that has the illustrated parts list for a lot of Homelight saws. That's how I got that so fast. But yes they match 12282A.

Probably a smart move to go right for the big stuff. Or you'll be like me with tons of 30-55 cc saws they showed up needing homes.

Yea the big saws really interest me, but the little saws need love too! My super XLAO will always be my favorite though because it's the saw that started it all.

If its leaning out under load could be as simple as carb diaphragms old and hard or even split fuel line or plugged filter. Start with the basics first. every saw i get gets fuel lines carb rebuild etc. Before i go real deep

If its leaning out under load could be as simple as carb diaphragms old and hard or even split fuel line or plugged filter. Start with the basics first. every saw i get gets fuel lines carb rebuild etc. Before i go real deep

Will do! In his description he did mention he replaced the fuel line and cleaned the carburetor. I threw in a snapshot of the item description.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 14
Cleaning the carb is fine but alot of the time the the metering diaphragms are rock hard.... if they dont flutter correctly it wont open the inlet needle far enough or long enough to get a good fuel charge. If you take the carb apart.... put in new soft parts at least

Back